Did You Ever Hear An Elder or Bethelite's Comments That Made You Question ??

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Tractors that run on chicken poop (in one image of 'paradise' there was a black haired smiling dude that was riding a tractor)

The worst one for me again, was my PO saying " Even if it isn't true, it is a good way to live."

The fact that he even had that in his mind, made me realise alot now made sense.... I left.

Thinking about the tractor picture, isnt it funny that all the paradise pictures are full of beautiful people. It isn't a kingdom hall I ever visited.

• minimus
    minimus

Well put, Pete. They are masters of spin control.

• minimus
    minimus

In the 70s, some guy was saying that the news media specifically was prophesied about.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

We had some real IDIOTS on the platform and from there seat using a local needs part on commenting. Of all things! I called them out, each of them.

Where did you get that particular idea? He said: Off the top of my head, I said: You stupid idiot. The CO happened to be there that week and was

staring as I was blasting this cobe in the morning before F/S. CO didn't say nothing, this cobe teared up like he wanted to cry (sissy) I called the BOE

all kinds of names before we finally quit the whole shit. This CO got sent to my in/laws circuit and told my Bro. in/law that I was a nice guy..LOL.

He's another dumb f...k

insot4

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Here are two axioms that were so arrogant that I had to take pause:

"the worst witness is better than the best worldly person."

And the one that ended up being the last meeting I attended came from the CO:

"We don't think we have the truth... We KNOWWWWW we have the truth."

That was it, I was out of there. See you F%&*(!G later!!

• Island Man
    Island Man

I once heard a CO during his talk speaking about showing brotherly love, say:

"If you don't have it [i.e. the capacity to show genuine brotherly love] fake it until you get it."

One more thing, this has got to be the creepiest, cultiest line in all the JW song book:

"Our Lord has appointed a trustworthy slave, Through whom He gives food in due season." - Song 116, start of second stanza

It sounds so Mormon! Everytime I hear it, for some reason I start to think about the Mormons thinking about Joseph Smith as an appointed Seer.

• minimus
    minimus

Whenever they talked about Mother---- I was uncomfortable,

• tinker
    tinker

Beacon Trees? that might get me to ask a few questions. Right after I get up off the floor from ROTFL! That is Hysterical!

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Our PO once introduced opening song before the WT study by saying, "now Brothers, please stand and sing a song to the Watchtower". An honest slip of the toung but creepy nonetheless.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Mosquitos all come from the ones produced by the Egyptian priests back in the days of Moses, since God would never have created anything living on blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit