Did You Ever Hear An Elder or Bethelite's Comments That Made You Question ??

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Years ago, the Society's speakers used to give many off the cuff statements. A lot of personal opinions and questionable remarks.

Anything ever stand out for you in this area?

• pixel
    pixel

Every Sunday morning I hear comments from the stage that don't make sense Minimus...

• Gopher
    Gopher

Many circuit overseers are highly questionable too.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Two years ago, we had three Sunday talks in a row that mentioned tattoo's in a quite rude, condescending manner.

We had visitors, with visible tattoo's the first two weeks...they never showed up again. I heard many things that raised red flags, but the cognitive dissonance kicked in.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

A London Bethelite speaker came to our hall and gave a talk. He said that the disciple James appeared to have been the CHAIRMAN of THE GOVERNING BODY in Jerusalem!! Appreciative whispers followed this wonderful new lite!

• Ding
    Ding

A CO once said to a friend of mine, "Even if this weren't the truth, can you think of a better way to live?"

That started my friend thinking, and eventually he DAd.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

The Searcher.....that is hilarious. At a public talk the elder stated that we will all be vegitarians in the new system, but Jehovah can make trees that grow bacon.

• Apognophos
  • mynameislame
    mynameislame

If you can't live with your JW brothers and sisters now how will you live with them in the new system.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Serving Jehovah is supposed to be a joy and a privilege, yet back when they announced the lowering of the hours required for full time Pioneers, the audience broke out in enthusiastic applause. (Yaaaaay....we don't have to serve Jehovah as much anymore !!!)

The Elderly Bethel Elder who made the announcement added, as the applause died down, "Yes....the "Friends" are getting tired" he also made reference to Jehovah's loving kindness and refreshment of our souls and the loving provisions made by the Faithful and Discreete Slave. (weren't the FDS the ones who lovingly came up with the original 100 hours per month in the first place ??)

I remember thinking how these guys always seem to find a way to put a holy spin on everything they do even if what they are doing is damage control from a blunder that isn't working anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit