Did You Ever Hear An Elder or Bethelite's Comments That Made You Question ??

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I left Saturday morning of a circuit assembly and never went back.

Illustrations

dirty penny - shiny quarter, Jesus would not pick up the penny

jw women are kissing corpses when they kiss their non-jw husbands (I wasn't the only one who left on that one)

training young elephants by conditioning, chaining them to a stake.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

OldHippie, DOs and COs live on the "blood" of the brothers don't they and this arrangement was created by God right? No, wait a minute it was created by the WT "priests".

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

jw women are kissing corpses ...

??????

• minimus
    minimus

Old Hippi, that's a good one!

• heathen
    heathen

probably the stupidest thing I heard was the then president of the tower giving a sermon at a convention of which he professed to be of the LF but still intended to walk out of the world and into the kingdom , which is the earthling class hope not the LF hope , anyway I understand he died quite a while back .

• SAHS
    SAHS

I remember at a district convention in Ontario, Canada (it was either at the Woodbine Race Track or the Mowhawk Race Track) that the speaker was talking about those who have committed adultery, and he said that they could be covered by God’s forgiveness, “BUT I WOULDN’T COUNT ON IT.” That statement certainly contributed to me thinking that I had sinned against the holy spirit (thus my user name, as indicateced in my profile).

• BU2B
    BU2B

The annual meeting where Gerrit Losch said that when the Bible says "Keep testing to make sure you are in the faith" It means test to see if we are doing our part, if we are fully in. Then he said it DOES NOT mean test to see if we are actually in the right religion.. Because we knooowwww it is.... YIKES

• Ding
    Ding

"the speaker was talking about those who have committed adultery, and he said that they could be covered by God’s forgiveness, “BUT I WOULDN’T COUNT ON IT.”

That's the WT religion in a nutshell -- never sure of where you stand...

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

There was a disaster in Lac Megantic (Canada, Québec) where a train exploded downtown after midnight and killed 50 people. One of the worst desasters in Quebec`s history. Now, many of the victims were at a local pub that night known as "La boite à Chanson".

In the introduction talk to a circuit assembly, the brother told the story of a JW father and his son who stopped and paused right in front of that pub around 11:30 after their working hours (cleaning) and thought about going there. However, they deemed it would be wiser to go to bed at a regular hour and be fresh for service the following day. Well, Jehovah obviously blessed them.

I wanted to walk out right there with my family. However, due to my ongoing fading-out effort, I had to take it all in like a woose.

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

I remember being at an assembly in Navan, Ireland - must have been in the mid 90s - and one of the speakers said "Will we really see the year 2000?".

Ah... hiding statements as questions. Don't you just love it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit