My sister's decision to ex-communicate me, just might rock the boat!

by Faithful Witness 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Any further questions I have for her, will not be answered. She has cut off communication. You have all raised some good points.

Oubliette: She claims she is "protecting her children." When I asked her what she had to protect them from at my house, she said, "You know, idolatry. Apostasy." I kept asking her what specifically she was talking about, but she couldn't really answer. This was last year, when it was revealed to the family that we could not have the family party at my house again, because they won't come here anymore. She has now expanded the decision to include "communicating with me."

problemaddict: I am hoping that my mom will wake up. The situation is very complicated for her, being torn between her daughters. If that weren't enough, add in the JW control over her. I'm doing my best, and feel like I've made some progress over the past few months. She emails and sends me text messages... that is a big improvement!

BibleStudent: Thanks for the video. I will see if I can find a way to get her to watch it, without striking her with fear. In the recent past, she has accused me of "attacking the witnesses."

WhatHappened: I brought up the parable of the Good Samaritan in my phone call with her! I simply said, "I don't remember Jesus shunning the non-Jews. Remember the parable of the Good Samaritan? You're supposed to love your neighbor." She agreed, and said how she thought my brother in law is acting the opposite way from how he should.

Scully: You hit it right on the head! It has never been a secret that he controls her, and it was so obvious when the JW's came along and he immediately jumped into it and pulled her out of all the family holidays, etc. I'm not sure how I can help her in this situation. Maybe my mom could, but my sister has told me that she would shun my mom if she didn't stick with the JW's either.

I plan to continue a relationship with my mom, and let her see that I am being reasonable. Even though we were on the phone, I could tell she was pretty mad to hear that my sister did not accept the gifts to my niece and nephew. I had checked with my mom about whether to send them something or not, and she thought it would be ok.

I talked to my mom yesterday, and they had their meeting tonight. I wonder how that went... I think my mom might be afraid to confront my brother in law, as much as we all are. I'm not sure.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Keep working on your Mom and talk to her about the love Jesus showed even mention I think Matt 18. When you show her the obvoius difference between Jesus actions and your sisters then maybe it will push your mother over the edge and she'll stop being a Jdub.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FW: I kept asking her what specifically she was talking about, but she couldn't really answer.

So she's just mentally unbalanced. So sad.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Actually, from the sound of it, she's repeating what her husband is telling her, that's why she can't elaborate.

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

I have a feeling my family have done the same to me, but they will respond to texts, phone calls etc. They just never seem to initiate them.

A shame, they don't know how little interest I have in "leading them astray"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit