Jehovah's day will come as a thief in the night

by spectromize 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Jr
    Jr

Hi Claudia,
    "They"? If you are talking about the WT, NO! You see, JW is the modern-day nation of Israel, "Spiritual Israel". "They" are in the same situation the natural Israelites were in. "They" - the WT are in a situation that is similar to that of the Pharisees. "They" are the "unfaithful Pharisees"! "They" are placing to many loads on the people that they cannot bare. "They" need to be exposed by the prophets. That is what is referred to at Rev. 11:1-4, and I quote,

"I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, "Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count the worshipers there. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth." These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth."

The two witnesses in verse 3 are the prophets that Jehovah will place inside the organization to attempt to expose the wrong doing of the WT. There will also be an arrangement outside the organization of Jehovah's making. The "They" you spoke of are not in good standing with Jehovah. He would not use them to prophecy. That is why their prophecies have not come true. Jehovah never authorized their prophesying.

JR

Edited by - Jr on 19 February 2001 14:1:14

• Jr
    Jr

Hi,

Mentioning these heavy scriptural truths deserves a bit of refreshing hope and direction. Never let it be said, I am a pessimist. According to prophecy, Jehovah has provided the means to escape this discipline and to be among a chosen group of people for a special purpose”. I am going to share a secret that I will let you research. These ones are called the “tents of Judah”.Can anyone tell me anything about this group? Do a little research and see what you come up with. I’ll be waiting.

• claudia
    claudia

Ok, I now understand what you were trying to say.

• spectromize
    spectromize

JR,

If you don't mind me asking what is your view of blood? If someone in an accident is seriously injured is it proper to accept blood...ect?

• Jr
    Jr

Hi spec,

Jehovah showed us through the situations with Noah, the Israelites and in the Greek scriptures how he feels about the sanctity of blood. Jehovah views the blood as the life of a person. That is not something we should take lightly either.
    The "Society" has that right. In FACT the “Society” has the "truth"! It's no disputing that. But, let me clarify that. They have basically the same thing the Jewish nation had, the framework to "truth". These basic truths are correct and scriptural. But, just like the Israelites, they did not have the whole truth, but a “tutor”. That is why Paul said,
    “the Law has become a tutor leading to Christ,
    that we might be declared righteous due to faith.” (Ga. 3: 24)
    The 1st century Christians also only had a “framework” of truth. The apostles knew this. So Paul explained,
    “For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially; but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with…For at present we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face to face. At present I know partially, but then
    I shall know accurately even as I am accurately known.“ 1Cor. 13: 9,10,12)
    That is why John wrote,
    “However, when that one arrives, the spirit of the truth, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own impulse, but what things he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things coming.” (John 16: 13)
    This did not happen in the first century or Paul and John would not have made these comments. Jehovah blessed his people(JW’s) with the framework of truth, in our time also. This would give them the opportunity and the responsibility to have “faith” that God would keep his promise toward them, just like the natural Jews had. It is their lack of faith that causes JW’s to stumble.
    JW’s have been and are missing the ability to
    understand the prophecies. This has caused so many
    problems for them. It was not Jehovah’s time to reveal prophecies, until now.
    “The One who sat on the throne said, `Look, I make all things new.' And he said, `Write this, because these words can be trusted. they are true.' “ Rev 21:5

It will appear that everything is new now. But it’s always been there. So much has been hidden in the prophecies. It is all new to us. It will be hard to believe! I’m not kidding!!

JR

Edited by - Jr on 20 February 2001 12:21:49

• ianao
    ianao

Jr, spectromized asked you:

If you don't mind me asking what is your view of blood?

and your response:

The "Society" has that right.

So it's your contention to allow for fractions of total blood as a matter of conscience instead of a total abstainance of blood (just as the society allows). Isn't this a contradiction of the straightforward command to "continue abstaining from blood"? I can only presume this as your viewpoint, because in reading your post, it seems you are so busy declaring to spectromize that you have God's favor now that you are not answering the simple question he has put forth. More proof of this is in spectromize's further qualification:

If someone in an accident is seriously injured is it proper to accept blood...ect?

Because you have not addressed this issue. Since you are on a DISCUSSION BOARD instead of a KH, please quit playing demigod and answer the man's questions.

Edited by - ianao on 20 February 2001 12:44:43

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome Andy,
    Well said!!
    TW

• Jr
    Jr

Hello,

If someone in an accident is seriously injured is it proper to accept blood...ect?

To abstain from blood is not a principle. It is a command. Fear of Jehovah "should" cause us to obey it to the fullest extent possible. Ones obedience is a matter of faith.

JR

• Jr
    Jr

A prophetic truth that the 'Society' recognized. When you examine the following quote, you will see that the 'Society' recognized that the "house of God" and "Babylon the Great" are one and the same.

The book of Revelation it’s Grand Climax at Hand, pg 260 says,

“From 1914 to 1918, these [International Bible Students] suffered greatly at the hands of Babylon the Great, but in 1918 the Lord Jehovah and his ‘messenger of the [Abrahamic] covenant, ‘Jesus Christ, began judgment with ‘the house of God’, those professing to be Christians. Thus “apostate Christendom was brought to trial” (Malachi 3:1; 1Peter 4:17)”

Much of the prophecies verify this. That is why Revelation 18:4 says,"Get out of her my people, if you don not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plaques."

Revelation 17:6 say, "And I saw the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with blood of the witnesses of Jesus." Who else has killed the prophets of Jehovah? Who has killed Jehovah's sheep for their on selfish protection. When someone speaks out to expose a wrong in the organization, it is the holy one that is spiritually killed, disfellowshipped. It is the house of God that will become "Babylon the Great". "BECOME. Yes, she will become such. She will go from bad to worst. The scriptures show that she becomes "Babylon the Great" in her fullest form when she mounts the back of the beast. That is why Isa.2:1-6 mentions the nations streaming to the "house of the God of Jacob" in the last days. Nations will beat their swords into plowshares. But, if you notice in verse 5,6 they are leaving the "house of Jacob". There is a difference. The "house of Jacob" has become wicked in the last days according to the prophecy. And I quote, "O men of the house of Jacob, come and let us walk in the light of Jehovah. For you have forsaken your people, the "house of Jacob". For they have become full of what is from the East, and they are practicers of magic like the Philistines, and with the children of foreigners they abound." (Isa.2:5,6)

Even though they recognized this connection, they try to shift the responsibility to Christendom. They know they are the house of God.(1 Peter 4:17) "judgment starts with the house of God."

JR

Edited by - Jr on 3 March 2001 22:52:34

• lyoertreef
    lyoertreef

I encourage everyone reading this to open their bibles and look up the following: (regarding apostates) 2 John 9:10 Prov. 11:9 2 Pet 2:1 Isa 32:6. (regarding the need for organized religion) Heb 10:24,25 1 Cor. 1:10 1 Pet. 2:17 Matt. 24:14.

A note- Humans are imperfect and thus never have a perfect understanding of the bible (some say JW's history hasn't been "perfect" and therefore can't be god's inspired word) which is why it's said "the light grows brighter" meaning a more accurate knowledge will be gained over time.

Also someone posted a while back that they didn't see any prophecies being fulfilled today. Fair enough. For you, I encourage you to read the JW book, "Pay Attention To Daniel's Prophecy!"

good day,

-lyoertreef

Edited by - lyoertreef on 4 March 2001 2:0:47

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit