Jehovah's day will come as a thief in the night

by spectromize 70 Replies latest jw friends

• cmac
    cmac

Let's see..

Are you talking about this armageddon?..."1914 marked the battle of the great day of God Almighty with the complete overthrow of this earth's rulership. (The time is at hand book pg.101)

OR...1940 ushered the end of religion and with it the complete downfall of Satan's organization?(Religion pg.336)

Or...1975 marked the end of the 6,000 years of human history and started the 1,000-year"millennium" reign of Jesus Christ. (Life everlasting in the freedom of the sons God, pg. 29,30

Why were Jehovah's Witnesses selling their homes and property in 1974?
    (Kingdom Ministry magazine, May 1974, pg. 3)

Does "new light" condradict "old light"? Does truth get truer?

Can you explain all the false prophecies?

cmac

• JT
    JT

CMAC

your quotes are well taken- can you imagine how many bible students would continue thier study if they knew just those few quotes you mentioned- as i stated it is usually after baptism do you know what questions to ask , but by then it's too late-

To think that any JW could convince a person to continue thier study after telling them that all those quotes WERE FOOD FROM GOD

it becomes a joke - it becomes clear to any real student that the Writers of the WT while their intentions may have been good - were certainly not being directed by God.

what we see are merely the Opinions and Guesses of the Editorial Staff of the WT Society- now there is nothing WRONG with them giving thier opinions-

in fact i have stated many times --i personal think the wt would have been fine if they stayed with bible commentary-

but they got into trouble when they jumped over from being a "Student of the Word" publishing:
    "OUR PERSONAL UNDERSTANDING/opinions/guesses/hunches/interpertations"
    to the "SEAT OF MOSES"

SMILE

OF COURSE at that point they no longer were allowed to get the Message from God to ALL MANKIND wrong

YOU GOT TO LOVE OR ELSE YOU WILL CRY

JT

SMILE

• Jr
    Jr

Thank you Spec,

John 15:8 “My Father is glorified in this, that you keep bearing much fruit and prove yourselves my disciples…If you observe my commandments, you will remain In my love, just as I have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.”

1 Cor. 3:9 “For we are God’s fellow workers. You people are God’s field under cultivation, God’s building.”

No doubt you are familiar with the text at Eze. 36:23. I quote, “and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah, is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah”.
    It was used as a title for one of the study publications years ago. No doubt you and everyone else are familiar. Well this book was used to show that Jehovah would glorify his name by means of his people. In other words, the nations would look upon his people as being vindicated, thus glorifying his name. BUT, if we look closely at the surrounding verses, we will see that isn’t what is being said. It is just the opposite. And I quote,
    “ Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “Not for your sakes am I doing [it], O house of Israel, but for my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you have come in.” And I shall certainly sanctify my great name, which was being profaned among the nations, which you profaned in the midst of them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘when I am sanctified among you before their eyes. (Eze. 36:22-24)

So, as you can see, Israel is in fact being disciplined before the eyes of the nations. This is what will show the nations who Jehovah is. Then he will restore “her”. And I quote, “ This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘In the day of my cleansing you from all your errors I will also cause the cities to be inhabited, and the devastate places must be rebuilt. And the desolated land itself will be cultivated, whereas it had become a desolate waste before the eyes of every passerby.” (Eze. 36:33-34) These are future events.
    And that is why I quoted Isa. 30:26 before, ““And the light of the full moon must become as the light of the glowing sun; and the very light of the glowing sun will become seven times as much, like the light of seven days, in the day that Jehovah binds up the breakdown of his people and heals even the severe wound resulting from the stroke BY HIM.”

Daniel also mentions this, “And I saw, I Daniel, and, look! There were two others standing, one on the bank here of the stream and the other on the bank there of the stream. Then one said to the man clothed with the linen, who was up above the waters of the stream: “How long will it be to the end of the wonderful things?” And I began to hear the man clothed with the linen, who was up above the waters of the stream, as he proceeded to raise his right hand and his left hand to the heavens and to swear by the One who is alive for time indefinite: “It will be for and appointed time, appointed times and a half.” And as soon as there will have been a finishing of the dashing of the power of the HOLY PEOPLE to pieces, all these things will come to their finish.”
    See the holy ones will be “dashed to pieces.”

If you look at the footnote of this scripture, you will see it references Rev. 11:7. There it talks about the two witnesses doing a witnessing work. But if you look at 11:1-4, you will see that this holy city will be trampled 42 months. This holy city has reference to where God’s people reside. And the two witnesses will do their work 1260 days.

Now my good man, remember when Jesus said, “let the reader use discernment”? Now is the time to consider this! IF YOU LOOK AT DANIEL 12:9,10’s reference (g), you will see it points the REV. 7:14 and I quote,
    “ So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one that knows.” And he said to me: These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the book of the Lamb.”

Yes, it is the “holy ones” that have been dashed to pieces that are being disciplined. The great tribulation will be upon Jehovah’s people, not the world. It will be their discipline. And then they would have washed their robes in the blood of the lamb. That is why the scriptures say, “judgment starts with the house of God.” JEHOVAH IS NOT PLEASED WITH HIS PEOPLE IN THE LAST DAYS. That is why he MUST discipline them. For who ever he loves, he disciplines. (Heb. 12:6)

Now, we can go on discussing what Jehovah is not pleased with if you’d like, but let me ask you first, what do you think so far?

Edited by - Jr on 19 February 2001 9:33:33

• spectromize
    spectromize

Thank you JT for your compliment.

• spectromize
    spectromize

Trevor,

We are in encouraged in the Bible to use the minds eye in anylizing certain scriptures. When Jehovah's day comes a thief in the night the times will be much like Noah's day, everybody to preoccupied with overeating , drinking, men marrying and given in marriage ect...

This means the majority of mankind are indiffrent to the times and will be caught off guard.

Trevor let me ask you this question. Are you a safety conscious individual as far as you home is concerned or your place of residence?

Have you taken extra precautions to seal your windows in case of a break in. Have you checked all your doors in your house for malfunctioning locks or maybe extra locks? Have you checked the very materials surrounding your place of residence to see if someone could actually and easily come thru using the necessary tools? Is there any weakness in those materials?

Nobody knows the day or the hour.

So again I encourage you to use the minds eye to discern what I'm saying.

• battman
    battman

Hi Spec,
    I was shocked to read in the WT Insight book under the heading
    of "evil" to discover its source. Even quotes a scrpitual proof.
    My closest JW assoc, a 10 yr Bethelite was totally unaware also.

battman

• spectromize
    spectromize

Jr,

Before we continue, it is very important to realize what Matthew chapt. 24 says about the time of the end. It would be more beneficial to encourage the brothers and sisters to put up a hard fight for the faith.

Jehovah's day will come at the appropriate time and we might not know all the details but the important point is to rejoice that Jehovah's name will be vindicated at the battle of Armaggedon.

• JT
    JT

SPEC__

You are welcome- I hope this doesn't distract from this thread, but i would be interested to know and perhaps others as well- what is your background and are you currently serving in some capcity at this time

i hope that this does not come over sounding to personal- but i find it interesting to see the various background of folks who come here to discuss issues and concerns that are dear to them.

I'm sure that you will agree that all of us have made many sacrifices inbehalf of the Org and all of us should certainly want to make sure that it was done on a solid basis as opposed to "the traditions of men"

as we are all aware we have met many folks in the door to door who were sincere and zealous -yet thier dogmas were not based on the bible and regardless of how well them meant- it had very little to do with whether what they believed was supported by the bible.

I think that such forums as this forces all of us to be like the Boreans- to see if these things are true-

for too many persons they have adopted the attitude of "If it's in PRINT, THEN IT IS SO"

FOR SO many JW the phrase "The Society Says" has become equal to Jah says or the bible says or the Holy spirit says or Jesus says.

i recall this one DO JC Howard would always say: "What does MOMMA say"

this type of mindset creates in so many jw the view that nothing needs to be examined since THE SOCIETY said it.

BUT IN forums like this one unlike at the Hall when a question is raised one can't resort to merely telling someone because THE SOCIETY SAYS SO and expect thier response to be accepted at face value.

One will literally be forced to either privide proof of ones claim or concede that there is no biblical support beyond "THEY SOCIETY SAYS SO"

So i look forward to reading the dialog between yourself and others

and once again Welcome again

JT

• Jr
    Jr

Hi spec,
    I understand. More importantly though, is seeing what Jehovah’s directions are for this situation. Wouldn’t you agree? The scriptures do say,
    “Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.” (Amos 3)
    There are prophecies to show what will take place among and to selected groups of his people. These prophecies will be fulfilled because it is Jehovah’s will. So, we all must give heed to any direction Jehovah offers during this time. It is going to be a very difficult time for those that do not have faith to follow Jehovah directions. There are many among his people like this. That is why this discipline is necessary! It is for their benefit! This is not to scare them. For those that heed his direction, they will be spared this discipline. That is why the scripture say,
    “Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.”

His prophets have the responsibility to warn and admonish the nation of any incoming adversities. Matt.24 is misunderstood. It is talking about the situation, “AFTER” the great tribulation has started. THEY WILL need that encouragement then! This information is to benefit those that have faith and the wisdom to recognize what his will is before his discipline is administered. These ones will pay attention to “the prophetic word”.

• claudia
    claudia

Jr, if God does nothing withour revealing to his slaves/prophet, wouldnt god make sure they were accurate in their prophecy? Would there be ever changing truths?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit