Can you prove Jesus existed outside of Bible (so called) evidence?

by punkofnice 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

One thing that is interesting is that all through out history of the jews, God judges them and destroys them for their bad ways, even destroying Jesrusalem in 70 ce for killing his son. So on its face Gods showing himself to the jews with his actions, yet since 70 ce there doesn't seem to be any proof that he exists or his son too. Since for 2000 years what has he or his son done that we can see as proof of them still being involved with humanity. Faith and religion may just be a way humans rationalise things we can not explain. I'm still unsure like most of us here, but one thing that has always bothered me is why god would still allow all this suffering a lot of it in his or his sons name.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

My ultimate conclusion is that I'd like to believe again but it's impossible. It seems a lot of religious belief is a form of jumping on the bandwagon. Just because loads of people believe a thing, doesn't make it so.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Josephus, today's date.

• cofty
    cofty

References to Jesus in Josephus are no longer considered authentic.

What about today's date?

Today is Thursday. Is that proof that Thor is real?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello Fisherman. How are you today? Well I hope.

Can you expand on that a bit.......make allowances for my age, I don't get the 'today's date' bit. Did you mean July 2017 or 21st century?

I have been flamed on Josephus in the past. There is an overwhelming thought the 'Jesus' bit was fake news (to use a current term).

Anyway, have a splendid day...or night...or whatever time of day it is in your neck of the woods.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Thor is not a number. If you already believe that JC is fiction, you cannot be convinced. My references are only something to consider. Did not say it was proof but it is evidence outside the Bible. Also, if you don't like Josephus because he refers to Jesus, what is fictional about his account of the siege of Jerusalem?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello Cofty. I trust you are in fine fettle on this grand day.

References to Jesus in Josephus are no longer considered authentic.

this is exactly what I heard.

Anyhoo. May your day be merry and bright.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I guess he means 2017 being counted from Christ. It's an argument i remember using on a call of mine when i was a zealous 18 year old regular aux pio doing 60 hours to bolster the argument for a real Jesus.

it still doesnt get you to anything like his followers and those with an agenda say about him in the bible though.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello, Oh furious one.

Thanks for your clarification.

May all your Chrismasses be whatever you like.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Here is food for thought. Since our modern calendar is based upon a fictional event, maybe all other events are also fictional.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit