• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome Jeff Spring!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Sorry, SPRENG!!

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

I consider the dictionary to be a good way to define the meaning of a word.

The dictionary considers me an apostate, even though as a "born in" "never dunked" many/some dubs wouldn't.

I am an apostate and proud of it.

• minimus
    minimus

an apostate is a disloyal person who betrays his religion.

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

I was disloyal to the religion I was raised in. I did, do and will continue to betray it in any way possible.

I'm proud of that.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

it-1 p. 127 Apostasy

Apostates often seek to make others their followers. (Ac 20:30; 2Pe 2:1,3) Such ones willfully abandoning the Christian congregation thereby become part of the "antichrist."

Or if you prefer to read between the lines - "Apostates of what the G.B. teaches, strive to point out the lies and deceit of those trying to control your thinking abilities. Such ones sensibly distance themselves from the clutches of the Org's grasp, and as such, we label them as 'antichrists - because WE are Christ's reps on earth, and if you reject US, you reject HIM!".

• minimus
    minimus

The term , generally isn't a compliment.

From a JW perspective, I don't consider myself anything they would "charge " me with.

But from a definition from the dictionary, anyone that turns their back on a cause is apostate.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

THIS apostate has remained loyal and true to his conscience. Betraying falsehood is nothing to be ashamed of.

• KateWild
    KateWild

doesn't mean they can't be my friend.- nic

So you don't allow labels to determine friendships, many can do this and that is what I meant by divisive. People can sometimes be prejudice when they don't fully understand the label "apostate" I know I was, I was scared of the word, so I don't want to scare my loved ones. Love Kate xx

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

" From a JW perspective, I don't consider myself anything they would "charge " me with." Then THEY still have a lever on your perspective. You've made a bajillion posts on the Watchtowers #1 apostate website - of COURSE you're an apostate Min'. Apologies for formatting, posting from phone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit