Do You Consider Yourself An "Apostate"?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I don't.

I consider myself a truth teller.

The Watchtower Society appears to be more "apostate" than even "Christendom".

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yes! Definitely, we need to embrace and take ownership of this word!

• minimus
    minimus

I don't take THEIR label.

• KateWild
    KateWild

It depends who is asking. I find labels to be divisive, but to answer you minimus, honestly from the dictionary definition, I am a double apostate. I left Jewish organised religion, and left Chrisitan organised religion (namely JWs). Love Kate xx

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Min', define 'Apostate'.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I find labels to be divisive

You know what, they are and that's just fine. I'm glad there are labels on the baked bean tins to differentiate them from the spaghetti hoop tins. And I'm glad to carry certain labels; Father, Husband, Freethinker, Atheist, Cypriot, Apostate, Hunk.

Nothing wrong with being divided by a label, doesn't mean the people beneath those labels can't get along. Just because someone carries a 'Christian' label or 'Wiccan' label doesn't mean they can't be my friend.

Not Scots though . . you have to draw the line somewhere!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I don't.

I consider myself a truth teller.

Hmmm, seems to me Min' that you're still stuck in the dogma that Apostates don't tell the truth . .

• jeff spreng
  • jeff spreng
    jeff spreng

Am I a newbie?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hi Jeff and welcome to JWN . Yep, with just 6 posts under your belt you're most definately a newbie - but we LOVE newbies!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit