Paleo Diet. What do you think?

by DATA-DOG 42 Replies latest social physical

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I agree about full fat dairy, I lost my fear of naturally saturated fat a while ago. There just isn't the evidence to prove that cutting out fat in your diet does anything for you healthwise, as long as you aren't eating hydrogenated fat. The fact is that fat is very satisfying, and you don't tend to over eat it unless you are combining it with sugar and white four or deep frying.

I ate a low fat diet years ago, I ended up losing my gallbladder. If you don't digest enough fat, the bile gets backed up into your gallbladder and creates stones. I was on the young side for that, plus not that heavy, so they didn't suspect gallstones until they so far gone they had to do emergency surgery. I learned my lesson there.

I tried Almond milk, it was OK, but I really like real milk. I am lactose intolerant, so I get Happy Vally organic 2% at Costco. My husband started drinking it because he likes the taste so much. I did a blind taste test, he could tell the difference between that and another organic lactose free milk. I am just going to cut back, if I don't loose enough weight I will just give it up. I am looking at this as more of a lifestyle change rather than a diet anyway, I will stick with what works. It's just common sense that real, whole food is better than anything that comes out of a factory.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Data dog.....for full disclosure, for a while I was a crossfit/Paleo disciple. To be honest, I never felt better than when I was regularly pushing myself, and eating clean.

I will make a very serious suggestion for you.

1) Google "whole 30" and do it. its a 30 day Paleo shocker kind of thing. It will reduse your cravings for sugar and processed foods and that is something everyone agrees with. After the whole 30, you will probably go back to a 90/10 split meaning, occasionally enjoy some pasta, or a beer. You will not enjoy the pasta or bread when you eat it after that long.

2) Get a probiotic, and make sure you don't have an ulcer. Ulcers are caused by bacteria.

3) Try it and give it a fighting chance, then decide for yourself what works well with you body. There are good and bad on the paleo diet. Some thrive on it, others find it very difficult.

4) Focus on eating REAL FOOD. Things you have to make or cook. Slow cooking (crock pot). Don't heat up olive oil. Use olive oil to make dressings, mayo, aiolis, or garlic toumne. Use coconut oil to cook with.

5) Organic, non-gmo, and grass fed stuff.

Do that, don't worry about calories, and work out 3-4 times a week. Its not easy, but its not that hard. It is actually pretty simple when you think about it. I like Crossfit. It isn't for everyone. But I dig it. I feel best when I eat this way. My whole family has weight problems, and gut issues. I can't tell you when the last time i had milk was. if i do drnk it, I drink non pasturized full fat milk, and have no issues.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

GO TO A DOCTOR. your symptoms are too extreme to waste time on any fancy diet. If your symptoms are of something more sinister GO BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit