Contradictory Timelines - Do they REALLY think we are this stupid?

by piztjw 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

You're overthinking this.

Stop trying to make sense out of nonsense. It will never work.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yes, it's pretty jacked up. No one, not even the Elders can explain it. You must simply turn off your brain and read the WT with feeling. There is a reason why the GB do not have a radio program or television program, where they could actually reach people with the life saving message. They would be instantly exposed as frauds to the public. They can't even explain what they teach.

No it's far better to tell the sheeple that now is the time to close ranks!! The END(tm) is SOON(tm)!!! Just go to JW.ORG for all your spiritual needs!! Anyway, we all know that JW.ORG is for dubs and the occasional "worldly" who may glance at the pretty pictures.

DD

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

And what's this second sealing,

Crazyguy ...

Just a good preventative measure if there was the possibility that the first sealing was not done correctly or if any areas were missed the first time around.

If you are a perfect spirit creature, it's better to get the job done right and not hear complaints later.

Rub a Dub

• piztjw
  • sir82
    sir82

Answering the original question, yes, they are quite sure the average JW is "that stupid".

They are counting on it, actually.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

WT teaching: Some time DURING the tribulation, but before Armageddon, all remaining anointed ones will “be gathered to heaven” to receive their reward.

What does the Bible say: “Immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity. (Matt 24:29-31)

Good point leaving_quietly

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I think they feel that witnesses are too scared to even admit they are stupid. They know exactly what they are doing. They are changing what they right & nobody better even try to step to them. After all we are THE GB's...we talk directly to God or is it the opposite, either way, there is static on the line. Every now & again, some get so smug & haughty & say, they understood, it's makes sense. I know they don't know nothing, all I know is they are afraid to say they don't understand. Trying to be in the in-crowd. When I go to the hall & some new light comes, you can see the body language of the congregation, stiff as a board....like last week's Wednesday meeting with the Drawing close to Jah book, the first question was, what would you ask God, you could hear crickets...the elder said, you don't have anything to ask God...folks were to afraid to say what they really want to ask God...a few folks answered, not many, goes to show, they are scared....I wanted to ask, since Moses asked who Jah was, & the article went on to say what Jah means ....I would've wanted to ask God, who does he think I AM.. what would he say about me, as imperfect as I am...but they didn't ask me...Good thing, uh ?

So they know most of the friends are not stupid but don't have the nerve to question them...they are emotionally attached to the org. So they can change just like the weather & the friends will still stay with them....Remember, The ORG. is Mom, & to them the org. is way better than there real Mom.

Legacy

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Why is everyone trying to make sense out of nonsense?!

• BU2B
    BU2B

And they could chnge this all back again to the opposite and only those of us here on JWN or going to be on JWN would notice. If you think that hard about doctrine and things as a JW you are on board the train to apostasy anyways :) That was my "problem" I think too much, and use my brain on something practical and meaningful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit