Contradictory Timelines - Do they REALLY think we are this stupid?

by piztjw 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• piztjw
    piztjw

So in today's WT, as brought out in another thread, it is the NATIONS that make the declaration of "peace and security." Yet just a few paragraphs later they claim, in answer to their own question of who declares "peace and security", that the Bible DOESN'T SAY.

In the very next paragraph they say that angels are holding back the destructive winds of the GREAT TRIBULATION. To answer their next question as to what those angels are waiting for they say the wait is for the "annointed" to receive their second sealing, referring to a 2007 Q/R which says the second sealing is finished only when the "annointed" (including the GB) ARE IN HEAVEN. Then, the angels will release the destructive winds of the Great Tribulation's destruction culminating with Armagedon. So from this we evidently (see what I did there?) can reasonably conclude (I did it again) that the "annointed", including the GB, will be raptured BEFORE the start of the Great Tribulation.

However, in the July 2013 nu-lite issue of the WT on page 11 the timeline says they, the "annointed" including the GB, will be shining brightly in heaven AFTER the completion of the GT but before Armagedon.

So which timeline is it?

The one in 2007? The one in 2013? Or the revised one from today? Do the GB and their hand-picked writers ever read what they say? Do they remember what they claimed less than six months ago? Do they REALLY think we are that stupid, forgetfull, or what?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

And what's this second sealing, for revelations only mentions one.

• piztjw
    piztjw

*** w07 1/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Similarly, only if anointed Christians persevere all the way to the end of their course—from the initial sealing to the final one—will they be crowned with immortal life in heaven.—Matthew 10:22; James 1:12.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Also:

In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.
    (Matt 24:22)

and

Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.

(Matt 24:29-31)

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yep, confusing but the study issue feb 15 2014 pages 8 to 12 seems to go

with the july 2013 view. I was told not to get too technical when I popped the

question to an elder on sunday.

jtg

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

Hi piztjw. I’m not sure there is actually a contradiction…

Today's WT references a 2007 issue when speaking of the ‘winds being unleashed’ and the ‘second sealing’. It says: “When the four winds of tribulation are unleashed, all of spiritual Israel will have been sealed in finality, even though a few will still be alive in the flesh and must yet finish their earthly course.”

The second sealing occurs when Jesus can reflect on the life of each anointed person and say ‘you have run the course to the finish, you have observed the faith.’ The second sealing is neither death nor rapture and will have occurred BEFORE the ‘winds of tribulation are unleashed’.

Then, some time during the tribulation, but before Armageddon, all remaining anointed ones will “be gathered to heaven” (rapture??) to receive their reward.

1. First sealing

2. Second sealing

3. Great tribulation begins (winds are released)

4. Anointed are gathered to heaven

5. Armageddon begins

BTW, this is all completely insane.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I release a lot of wind, sometimes I think i even hear a trumpet blast or two.....

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm going to side with Hotdogs on this one. The teaching may be convoluted, but I find it hard to believe that the Writing department is not going to have (a) a chart hanging over their heads with the new understanding laid out, and (b) people performing a careful review of every word they write about this teaching.

If something like this ever seems to not make sense, chalk it up to their poor explanatory skills, or perhaps consider it the result of the teaching being really scripturally dubious in the first place, and so making shaky ground for any attempt at explaining things clearly.

• Ding
    Ding

It's not that they think we are stupid.

It's that they know the vast majority of JWs won't ask any questions or listen to questions by others.

• prologos
    prologos

pitzjw: a good question of yours " do the wt writers (they) ever REMEMBER what they claimed----?

Only LIARS have to rember what they are saying--. why

if they don't, the past, the truth will come to haunt, to bite them.

wt , the haunted, much bitten entity. so:

do not get too technical with the technically challenged wt teachers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit