Contradictory Timelines - Do they REALLY think we are this stupid?

by piztjw 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Piztjw:

The problem with the Society's "Peace & Security" idea begins with their changing "are saying" into "cry" and "proclamation." (But see here.)

From there they build their (less than useful) prophecy which they themselves admit, 'the Scriptures don't tell us anything about how it will happen.' So basically, you can't know what the so-called "proclamation" will be about until after the following "sudden destruction" begins, at which point everyone else will also know.

I notice they don't say much about their own past 'declarations' concerning "peace & security." For example, when the Axis powers were moving successfully during the early days of WWII, the Society thought Germany was the scarlet wild beast of Rev. 17 and the Catholic church was the Harlot riding on her. Germany had 'gone into the abyss after WWI and had now come back out. It was supposed to conquer the world and drive JWs underground at which point it would 'cry peace & security' from the preaching of JWs, leading to God's wrath.

After the Allies started winning, it was them setting up the UN, and supposedly the UN would bring in world authoritarian measures, driving JWs underground, all within a few months of WWII ending.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What about "a generation"? Do they think people are so stupid that they can go from "Those alive in 1914" to "Those with wicked characteristics" (which could be past down generations, by the way) to "The anointed" to "Those whose lives intersect in some way with those alive in 1914" to "The population" since late 1995? Remember, the account stipulated that "a generation" referred to those alive when the original speech was made, and it was fulfilled (according to their own LIE-ble, at that) in CE70.

I hope these constant changes in the doctrine drive people right into spiritual Satanism. That ought to be easy--the washtowel is about 80% the exact opposite, and the 20% that seems to match is common sense anyways. In Satanism, stupidity is the only sin. In the washtowel, stupidity is mandatory and intelligence is a sin.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"I was told not to get too technical"

= quit thinking and just believe

Ding: "It's not that they think we are stupid. It's that they know the vast majority of JWs won't ask any questions or listen to questions by others."

And there you have it....

---

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -Voltaire

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

It's not that they think we are stupid.

It's that they know the vast majority of JWs won't ask any questions or listen to questions by others.

I would argue that not asking questions and refusing to listen to questions asked by others IS the definition of stupid.

And yes, not only does the WTBTS think that the rank and file are that stupid, but the fact that people unquestioningly accept this drivel is hard evidence that they are indeed that stupid.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Stupid is as stupid does" Forrrest Gump 1994.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

Remember when the UN declared 1986 "International Year of Peace and Security"? The WT said THAT was the start of the cry for Peace.....that was almost 30 years ago now.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Mistake #1: Trying to make sense out of nonsense.

That being said, your 3rd and 4th points don't necessarily contradict one another. It is logically possible that "the GB, will be raptured BEFORE the start of the Great Tribulation" and also "be shining brightly in heaven AFTER the completion of the GT but before Armagedon."

But I still maintain, it's all nonsense!

It's just that--as a piece of fiction--it is not necessarily contradictory.

That being said, of course the July 2013 nu-lite supercedes all previous teachings and they should be completely forgotten if possible, or at the very least ignored. That is until MORE Nu-Lite comes along. In that case ... well you know what to do: "Sit down and shut up. If we want your thoughts we'll give them to you!"

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed! - It's a cult!

• piztjw
    piztjw

I respectfully disagree with those of you who do not think there is any contradiction for the following reasons.

See the pasted words from the WT 2007 with my reasoning in italics.

*** w07 1/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

The word “crown” gives further evidence that time passes between the initial sealing and the final one. Why? In ancient times, it was the custom to give a crown to the runner who won a race. To receive the crown, he had to do more than merely enter the race. He had to run all the way to the finish. Wouldn't running all the way to the finish imply that the runner actually finished the race? A literal runner could not win the crown etc. BEFORE completing the race. So the implication is that they (the "annointed") would HAVE to die before receiving the final, or second, sealing. I remember a WT article that made this basic claim, that their second sealing was actually their being brought to life in heaven.

Similarly, only if anointed Christians persevere all the way to the end of their course—from the initial sealing to the final one—will they be crowned with immortal life in heaven.—Matthew 10:22; James 1:12.

When will the remnant of anointed Christians who have initially been sealed receive their final sealing? Any still alive on earth will be sealed “in their foreheads” before the outbreak of the great tribulation. When the four winds of tribulation are unleashed, the WT from yesterday indicates that the winds will NOT be unleased before the final sealing of the "annointed" thus presumably saying they will all have died BEFORE the GT begins. WT 11/2013. . ."powerful angels are holding back the destructive winds of the GREAT TRIBULATION. What are they waiting for? One key event is described by the apostle John -- the FINAL SEALING of the annointed. . ." all of spiritual Israel will have been sealed in finality, even though a few will still be alive in the flesh and must yet finish their earthly course. So again, wouldn't they have to actually finished the race? They could not reasonably still be alive on earth when the GT starts. If they were they could not have finished the race.

The timeline in the 07/2013 WT was this: 1) Collecting weeds - from 1914 2) Gathering the wheat - since 1919 3) Weeping and Gnashing of teeth - DURING the GT 4) Pitched into the furnace during the final part of the GT, Armageddon. 5) Shining brightly - not on earth, but in heaven AFTER the battle of Armageddon. However their pictured timeline switches number 4 and 5 in the same article on page 11. Again their timeline contradicts itself.

Then in yesterdays WT it very plainly states, "Let us patiently wait for the proclamation of "Peace and security!" and for the final sealing of the chosen ones. Thereafter the four angels will let go of the destructive winds. . ."

So I still believe they (the writers of these articles) are contracdictory in what they write. They claim there will be annointed alive when the GT ending with Armageddon starts, they claim they won't be alive when the GT concluding with Armageddon starts, they make many predicitions about WHEN things will happen without any real clue, and then expect the R&F to follow their lead and "strain out the gnat, while gulping down the camel."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So you are saying that according to yesterday's horrendous WT article, the angels are waiting for the final sealing of the "anointed" JWs, and THEN the GT can begin. I agree that the 2007 WT seems to be saying what has ALWAYS been taught, meaning the "anointed" JWs must die faithful to recieve their final sealing, aka, finishing the race. So, LOGICALLY, [ JW logic] if the 2007 WT is correct, 13,000 plus JWs must die before the GT can start. Am I following you so far?

Oh yeah, don't forget that the rapture is no longer a false religious teaching. Also, do not forget that the GB CANNOT be the "evil slave" because THEY say it's hypothetical. So in thier minds, they are a shoe-in for the whole final sealing thing. Once saved, always saved is no longer false either. For the GB I mean, you and I can be killed off at any time.

DD

• piztjw
    piztjw

Am I following you so far?

Yes, I am beginning to confuse myself It appears they say the "annointed" must all die before the GT, yet they "annointed" will still be alive after the GT starts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit