New here, just wanted to say "Hello"

by Goldiver 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Welcome, and thanks for sharing your story.

I was never baptized, but studied with the JW's for a few years. As more of an observer to this strange group, I find the different stories very interesting.

It is good to hear the story of someone who left.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Goldiver, I like your name.

I have known TTATT, the truth about the truth, for 1 year, 9 months and 2 weeks.

It is hard to believe I had been lied to, all my life.

It is a good feeling to finally "grow up".

Who would really believe that "God" would think an uncharitible , unChristlike "Headquarters", lol, like "Watch Tower", had anything going for it except to use it's member's to further their Worldwide Property Developement and Book Publishing Empire. God chose THEM out of 7 billion people to LIVE and EVERYBODY else is to DIE??? I do not think so. That is childish, really crazy thinking.

I am glad to hear you too woke up from their delusional thinking.

How embarrassing to have ever been known as a Jehovah's Witness.

LoisLane

• Goldiver
    Goldiver

Flipper, Yes nobody is allowed to steal my mind ever again. I still believe in god and believe he loves me as I am, I feel no need to put on a show any longer. I will never again be any part of an organized religion or cult. I guess in a way I have my own religion and I like it that way. I have found my road to peace.

Peace be with you.

• steve2
    steve2

Welcome to the forum Goldiver. Wonderful that you have been able to "safely" draw upon your strengths and personal resources to get out of the organization with as little drama as possible. Unfortunately, loved ones do not always see the "light" exposing the organization as just another religion peddling as "truth" human speculations. Still, your ability to move towards a happier, more fulfilling life shines through - and without the "consoling" crutch of organised religion.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome.

Loz x

• Angus Beef
    Angus Beef

I'm new here too and posting and reading and coming back to life... glad to see new ones posting! It exciting to see ppl waking up...

no more kool-aid but Coffee to wake you up!

Welcome!

• winnie12
    winnie12

welcome thanks for sharing your story.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome!

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Like you, I was told the most important thing in a marriage is that you "both love Jehovah". Never mind the mental and physical abuse or the drug addiction. Thats all forgivable apparently. I also divorced on non scriptual grounds, because mental, physcial and drug abuse were good enough reasons for me.

Now married to a wonderful guy.

Welcome !

• Newly Enlightened

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit