2014 YB Up. Partakers 13,204

by LostGeneration 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Steve2: Including some stern words about Mr. Sanderson of the GB?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

from sd-7:

"He has done this so as to ensure that there will always be some faithful anointed men who qualify to take the lead as members of the Governing Body."

Eerie.

My MIL asked the CO's wife (CO's wife is in her 40's and is anointed) why the increase in anointed.

She said:

We need more anointed, not less, so that we can have brothers to be appointed to the governing body.

So, sd-7, you are right on th emoney.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Tech 49, awesome point. I was thinking the same thing, basically. Where is the distiction between the "old" and "new" partakers? How many newbies are replacements?? LOL! It's entirely ridiculous.

CTR said there were around 500,000 International Bible Students. That was in the book ' What Pastor Russel Said.' Let's say that he was way off, and the number was only 200,000. That's 200,000 partakers that existed before Rutherford closed the heavenly door!! Now, according to the JW.org FAQ section, JWs don't judge people, that's up to Jesus. So the GB cannot say that all those partakers were not "true" Christians. If they did, what is the basis? Lack of complete understanding? Where does that place the current GB and the 70's GB? They taught an un-truth about the identity of the slave for 90 some years!

What if half of the 100,000 were replaced? We still must add that number to the unknown thousands who existed in the past. This would include Jesus' disciples and ALL Christians after 33 c.e. that are mentioned in the scriptures. THEN we have 2,000+ years, containing an unknown number of Christians. Wycliff, Tyndale, ect, the Bible Heroes that dubs love!

So either the 144,000 is symbolic, or it represents another group. It cannot be literal if it represents all the partakers through the ages as taught by the GB.

DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

We need more anointed, not less, so that we can have brothers to be appointed to the governing body.

--

Why? The GB is currently only 8 men; at it's peak it was only 17 men. Are there so few 'qualified' anointed that the number must increase as time goes by, to now over 13,000, so that only a handful can be chosen as overlords? How absurd.

This statement by the CO's wife illustrates how little thought JWs actually put into their own beliefs. It defies all logic...

It also illustrates this JW really doesn't believe the "end" is all that close. After all, apparently god is in for the long haul because he must have lots of GB "wannabes" to choose from. If Armageddon was 'right around the corner' all that preparation would be pointless...

• sir82
    sir82

A literal number of 144,000 does not pencil out.

Sure it does, if you also assume that the majority of those who are "partakers" in the 20th and 21st centuries are loco.

Those at Bethel pretty much assume that well over 99% of the "partakers" who live outside of Bethel walls are at least "emotionally unstable", if not "bat-$#!+ crazy".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

CORRECTION, I was mistaken. I had a false expectation, my apologies. CTR estimated 250,000 members of the Bible Students, but he was not entirely sure.

I.B.S.A.--Re Membership Roll. Q347:2:: QUESTION (1913)--2--What Profession does a person need to make before he is entitled to be called an International Bible Student? How many are on the entire roll? ANSWER--There is no qualification for membership, no grips, no passwords. Any person of good deportment is welcome to our meetings at any time. As to the full number attending these different meetings I do not know. I do not know how many attend the Springfield class or classes. I do not know how many classes are held here in Springfield, but suppose there are at least a half dozen, as there are forty or fifty in New York City. I will just give as an estimate, in a general way, that there may be 100,000. Perhaps more attend these classes; perhaps 200,000. Come to think of it I heard recently from Southern India that there are now about 3,000 attending classes there. At that rate the entire attendance may run up to 250,000. Let's say he is correct, but only one quarter of those who attended were "true Christians" according to the GB. Now what??? DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Those at Bethel pretty much assume that well over 99% of the "partakers" who live outside of Bethel walls are at least "emotionally unstable", if not "bat-$#!+ crazy".

----

Hey Sir82: I think this is how they view ALL JWs, not just the newly domesticated also-rans of the anointed class.

In fact, WT depends on it....otherwise, how would they get any new members?

• processor
    processor

According to my calculations, ca. 38 of the original anointed from 1934 should be alive today. So it would be 13166 emotionally unstable, fake partakers.

• Gayle
    Gayle

most partakers are disqualified too because most are female,,females are good/quaified enough to 'reign' in heaven, but not goodqualified/ enough to 'govern' with the GB on earth.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Processor, let's see that breakdown Bro! :)

Gayle, the VJay-jay makes it impossible for a woman to hold a mircophone correctly, it's science... If you can't hold a mic, how can handle more responsibilities?? Come on... Let's not derail this excellent thread with feminazi antics.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit