2014 YB Up. Partakers 13,204

by LostGeneration 70 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England

Page 20 - Two kids, aged 11 and 8 raise two beef calves which they sell and send the proceeds to the WTS. Nothing like starting them young to send contributions.

You couldn't make this stuff up. Then again, they probably did.

George

• sir82
    sir82

Ha!

Last year it was a guy who sold his chickens. This year it's 2 kids who sell their cows.

By 2020, they'll be selling - what - elephants? blue whales?

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

Of a small note, on page 49 there is a picture of someone in the ministry without a tie again. I have to think it was deliberate as that picture had to be staged.

• sir82
    sir82

I just noticed they summarized the publisher counts by region.

Rates of growth:

Africa: +3.88%

Americas: +2.13%

Asia + Middle East: -0.09% (!)

Europe: +0.37%

Oceania: +1.23%

As I noted earlier, increase in Africa is propping up the JW publisher counts. The "Americas" number is tilted - take out Mexico & the growth rate drops to 1.75%.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wow, 13,204 Partook!

I remember many moons ago how the GB as well as the rank and file in general would readily comment on the reduction in numbers of partakers as the numbers from year to year would continually go down. The following is an example from Revelation Book chap 20 pg 125:

'Do statistics support this conclusion? Yes, they do. In 1938, worldwide, 59,047 Witnesses of Jehovah shared in the ministry. Of these, 36,732 partook of the emblems at the annual celebration of the Memorial of Jesus’ death, thus indicating that they had a heavenly calling. In the years since then, the number of these partakers has progressively decreased, principally because faithful Witnesses of Jehovah finished their earthly life course in death. In 2005 only 8,524 partook of the Memorial emblems—0.05 percent of the 16,390,116 attending that global observance.'

Now you don't dare bring up the subject of partakers for fear of being tagged an apostate!

Praise the Lord....may those numbers continue to soar!

• free2beme
    free2beme

The real question though, are all 13,204 elders and leaders. If not, Someone has some explaining to do.

• factfinder
    factfinder

thanks George!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

LOL at the increase in partakers!! Growth still in positive territory but not real dynamic. No wonder they don't put them in the WT anymore.

I'm shocked they are still reporting the number of partakers. I can't imagine why they continue doing that. just makes them look bad

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

sir82: Last year it was a guy who sold his chickens. This year it's 2 kids who sell their cows.

I'm thinking it'll be a story about a kid that sold his family cow for some magic beans!

• sd-7
    sd-7

In the years since then, the number of these partakers has progressively decreased, principally because faithful Witnesses of Jehovah finished their earthly life course in death.

Hmm. Let's see if the 'discreet virgin class', namely, me, can enlighten us with some deeper understanding regarding this truth:

In the years since then, the number of these partakers has progressively increased, principally because faithful Witnesses of Jehovah finished their earthly life course in death, and Jehovah has evidently seen fit to choose additional humble individuals, who "keep following the Lamb wherever he goes". He has done this so as to ensure that there will always be some faithful anointed men who qualify to take the lead as members of the Governing Body.

Or:

Previously, it was thought that the number of Memorial partakers would decrease as the years remaining before Armageddon continued to pass. However, it became evident that Jehovah had not concluded his sealing of the 144,000. Since there remains yet more time before Armageddon, Jehovah has been able to complete this valuable choosing work according to his own purposes. Are we not grateful that he has allowed such anointed ones to be chosen from amongst his people today?

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit