2014 YB Up. Partakers 13,204

by LostGeneration 70 Replies latest jw friends

• BobFlanagan007
    BobFlanagan007

I urge everyone here to click on and download from the link in the first post.

Why? So that when the Watchtower check the pages "linked from" statistics they find the number one non-jw.org result is an apostate site.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The irony of the religions most privelaged human role, the anointed, attacking each other vocally, the gov body saying in the LITERATURE that some anointed are mentally unstable or confused, then all the anointed in the congregations are seen as oddballs and know that the society itself and all the locals dismiss them.

What a mess !

How very human! The watchtower have been caught out by their own self agrandising bullshit. All you have to do is SAY you are anointed, and you are instantly part of the 144,000. Useful when trying to make people believe the bible somehow makes 8 men in Brooklyn in charge, not so useful, when sister 'mentally unbalanced' wants a bit of attention, prays all night, has a bit of indigestion and feels god poured spirit on her.

OF COURSE they took these people out of the title of 'faithful and discreet slave', they dont want to be associated with these members. The whole religion is a mess!

Urgggghhh.......

• sir82
    sir82

Former USSR countries are also in the 0 to 1% range.

Looks the growth is primarily in Africa.

Ought to be troubling news to the WTS, since I'd wager that those new African JWs don't have a lot of shillings to contribute.

What's odd is that the WTS has essentially ended its subsidized missionary work. Rich American JWs who want to feel "theocratic" and who go where "the need is greater" inevitably end up in tropical Central American or Caribbean countries, so there will be no new missionaries to try to help sustain the African growth.

I think within 2 or 3 years we'll see the top of the curve for JW growth worldwide (barring some natural or man-made disaster that scares the weak-willed back into the JW fold).

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

About six hundred more.

If you attribute it to people being nuts, then you have possibly 13,204 nut jobs in the fold.

If you attribute it to new ones who dont know how it works, then you have sh!$ty teachers.

No matter the case, this is a negative thing and should NOT be happening!!

There is a reason why the GB is being shoved down their throats, because they have forgotten who is in charge. The average JW is doing whatever they want. The fear that once dominated the sheep is diminishing with every year that we get further away from 1914.

If there is any time when a great schism could occur in this religion its now.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Not surprising. I expect that it will go up every year from here on out. It is my opinion that the numbers will increase as DO's CO's and others see that the majority of the current GB are younger than many of them and the ONLY reason THEY have not become GB is because of the Great Crowd status. Easily fixed, have a drink and a bite of bread...you're in the mix! Then, just wait for a few years while some of the older GB die off and the opportunity will present itself.

Others, too, see these young GB members and figure, "why not?"

SOP

• scotoma
    scotoma

Paragraph 19 of the Revelation book Chapter 20

19 Do statistics support this conclusion? Yes, they do. In 1938, worldwide, 59,047 Witnesses of Jehovah shared in the ministry. Of these, 36,732 partook of the emblems at the annual celebration of the Memorial of Jesus’ death, thus indicating that they had a heavenly calling. In the years since then, the number of these partakers has progressively decreased, principally because faithful Witnesses of Jehovah finished their earthly life course in death. In 2005 only 8,524 partook of the Memorial emblems—0.05 percent of the 16,390,116 attending that global observance.

18, 19. (a) What hope was stressed by the John class during the 1920’s and 1930’s, but who responded to the message in increasing numbers? (b) The identification of the great crowd in 1935 indicated what with regard to the 144,000? (c) What do Memorial statistics reveal?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just incredible. When was the last time the partaker figure was so high? Must be about 50 years I'd guess. .

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I'm actually surprised that it is still going up. I predict that next year it will stabilize and the start dropping.

Of course, this assumes WT is not fudging the actual numbers. Does anyone readily accept the Org. is still growing at a steady rate even as Branches and KHs close?

Since there's zero transparency on WT's part, who knows what the real numbers on anything is....the total partakers, if I had to guess, are far higher than reported.

• sir82
    sir82

Does anyone readily accept the Org. is still growing at a steady rate even as Branches and KHs close?

See my comments above. There is still pretty decent growth in Africa, which offsets the stagantion in the rest of the JW world.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

So true, sir82.

Look at the creative ways WT has come up with to "increase" the number of publishers. It's taken those from the "can't count time" category and made it possible to be counted as a Publisher by submitting a mere 15 minutes of field service time in a month. How many thousands, or more, JWs did this maneuver add to the totals?

And, total annual field service hours continue to rise, while the number of baptized remains virtually unchanged. More work/less return = stagnation/decline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit