2014 YB Up. Partakers 13,204

by LostGeneration 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

For the total hours and number baptized, it calculates to about 6,640 hours to get one baptized. At 10 hrs/mo., it would take over 55 years of preaching to get one sheeple to the washtub.

That's a lot of wasted hours!

A huge number of pioneers, yet growth is 2.1%. Since world population growth is about 1.1%, the real growth of JWs is only about 1%. Who would invest in that kind of return? Nearly 8 million JWs, evidently.

• sir82
    sir82

How many thousands, or more, JWs did this maneuver add to the totals?

Very few.

To be allowed to be a "15 minute publisher", you have to be approved by the congregation service committee, and you have to have a pretty legitimate medical reason.

In our congregation, for example, we have only one - a 90+ year old who is in full-blown dementia and likely doesn't even remember her own name. Her family for some God-forsaken reason considers it important that she continue to be counted as "Active" so they pin a Watchtower to her wheelchair and roll her around the nursing home once a month.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I don't think the WT is being honest with this number. The truth is that the elders are who decide to whom to report or not as a partaker. They strive to keep the number as low as possible. When my wife and I participated last time came out rumors that we wouldn't be counted because We didnt even attend to the meetings'.

So I think that the number of partakers is much higher than that.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As to DCMShirley's point about the number of partakers really being higher, when I was in, the Elders in my Congo took it upon themselves not to count some very new people who partook. The Elders reasoned that they did not really understand the doctrine, I am not surprised, neither did many long time JW's !

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks for the link LostGeneration!

Where did you find it? I cannot find it on jw.org

Of course they still do not feature the history of jws in the USA. The US appeared in the 1975 YB. Since then they have featured again most other countries bringing their history up to the present.

But they do not feature the USA, I wonder why.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Why are the number of partakers going up?

i don't think the elders should count any partaker who is not a member of their congregation.

• St George of England
    St George of England

@factfinder - I too had problems, it is not under 'Books & Brochures' but is under 'Featured items'

George

• wolfman85
    wolfman85
    i don't think the elders should count any partaker who is not a member of their congregation.

If the elders count all attendees , whether they are in the territory of the congregation or not, then they should also count all partakers.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The WTBTS is to new partakers, what FORD Motors was to the electric car. In other words, the Electric car will happen when we say so, and not before. It ain't gonna be Joe Schmoe in his garage who gets the credit!!

New partakers that notice the WTBTS is wrong and want to voice their concerns,even respectfully, is NOT happening. New partakers are WRONG when they say that all Christians are domestics in 2012, but now they are ALLOWED to believe this in 2014. Believeing and teaching that there was no FDS CLASS was a DF'ing offense in the past, now it is TRUTH that MUST be taught.

The whole reason for the nu-light on the FDS, Domestics and the new Memorial outline that practically forbid partaking, was...CONTROL. The WTBS rulers, whoever they really are, cannot survive an enviroment where open debate is allowed. The last thing they want is an increase in partakers, but since it cannot be stopped, they must initiated control measures. The electric car is now possible and profitable! It's a miracle!!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yeah I actually found it off a google search earlier, which I can't seem to replicate now.

As to who is counted, its certainly higher than reported. Don't the instructions specifially say not to count visitors?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit