Is there anything you could do forever that wouln't get boring?

by mynameislame 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Not sure when I came to this conclusion but I can't imagine living forever. After a while I think I would be completly bored with everything.

Not saying I wouln't like to live for a few hundred years or maybe even a few thousand if I could travel through space and discover other universes Star Trek style. But the thought of living forever sounds like it would eventually become a complete drag.

Maybe i'm wrong, maybe after a thousand years or so you would foregt all the stuff that happend at the beginning and just start over in an infinite loop.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

http://24.media.tumblr.com/85dd7dda0fa756412cf8ea4a7148f2fe/tumblr_mmurwzwZJg1rsh7dgo1_500.gif.

.http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6mb0dwtAm1rp62eq.gif

.....................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If there was no way to die and living was compulsory (i.e you get resurrected after any death, rinse and repeat) then yes it could well get stale after a few hundred or a few thousand years depending on your outlook...

But if permanent death was a possibility thru accident, murder or suicide then no I dont think it would be the drudgery it otherwise could be.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Oh I don't know.. I'd certainly like to give it a go. if finally having a real relationship and direct connection with God is anything akin to DMT I imagine it could be quite blissful.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Re-phrase the question and you may get entirely different viewpoints:

"At the happiest and healthiest time in your life, did you want to die at that point?".

Many people get to a stage in their lives where it is "boring" because they do not have the neccessities to really enjoy life - youthfulness, good health, vitality, & money!

Find someone with all of these and ask him if he's bored with life!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Not many people asleep in death get bored.

This is why you will never see a cemetery with graveside TV.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I agree mynameislame. We live in a finite universe and as such means that infinite life would impossible and also a nightmare because of boredom. Do you remember the first start trek next generation film with that nexus? One of the ideas in the film was when captain Kirk was riding a horse and about to do a jump. He realised that without real danger, which was not possible in the nexus because it was a realm of forever, that the jump had no meaning and thus no enjoyment and so it didn’t matter! This is the problem with living forever. However a loop idea you allude to is an interesting one. To solve such a problem losing all or most access to previous life memories would be required in order to make forever bearable. There are other ideas around on how to solve this issue which are also interesting. I.e time not being real would make a difference to what forever would mean, as an example.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

When I thought of perfection and living forever, I imagined the infinite capabilities of the human mind; specifically the capacity for learning.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I would like to do science forever, it sincerely saddens me that I will die and more and more questions will be answered that I would love to know now.

But I also recognise, that for us to live on, others cannot live at all. I would rather die without answers than deny others the chance to even ask the questions.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am willing to give it a go until I get bored.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit