Is there anything you could do forever that wouln't get boring?

by mynameislame 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

@prologos:

That is what I meant. I have been working on this for the couple of weeks/months. It is not easy as our mind is always trying to put us again and again in the thought process of "yesterday" and "tomorrow", but I am able to stay more and more just in the flow of the present moment. The only reality you actually have and even if that sounds strange, you are able to defeat time. You become timelesss, because time is only a concept in our mind. A human "made-up" concept. The cosmos has different time "measurements". In reality any measurement is arbitrary and only exists because we define it. Time measured in years is a concept based on the movement of the sun in relationship to earth. Think about it. Standing on the moon or any other planet would change that measurement.

You experience time in your mind. I don't want to derail the thread or become all too philosophical here, but you get the point.

If you life in the NOW and HERE, time ceases to exist. You actually are able to experience eternity. You defeated the concept of time.

It is a fantastic feeling by the way. Standing on that "razor-thin"-line of the NOW, the present and being conscious of that.

• prologos
    prologos

yes, the living we did in the past, all the seconds or moments are normally not a burden to us, memory is not full of all the things our minds registered. so, I can see that even if we lived for a long time, the next moment we live through time would be fresh and inviting. let our children do it.

that is why I find the increased daily tiredness of old age rewarding, reminder of the naturalness of a deserved rest, after a life well lived.

a longer life beyond that would be icing on the cake, bring it on.

even now we can not keep up with all the potential, the novelty that is offered.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Loving others and being loved.

Sylvia

• Vidiot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit