Jesus' Teachings - Helpful or Harmful?

by jgnat 153 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Humbled, your post... that was a beautiful witness. Wow. You have humbled me.

Peace and love to you.

Your sister, servant, and a slave of Christ,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

slave of Christ

That is another thing I dislike him for.

Slavery is ALWAYS wrong. I am a slave of nobody.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Perhaps the icon is more important than the man.

I have a lot more to comment on but it is going to take a while to compose my thoughts. I appreciate everyone's contribution.

• tec
    tec

He doesn't make anyone a slave, Cofty. In fact, He calls his own, brothers and sons of God and children of God. He himself is a faithful and discreet 'slave' (another title the wts steals from him and claims as their own, once again calling themselves Christ, saying I am he... along with calling themselves the mouthpiece of God - Word of God; the life; the truth)... while also being THE Son of God, the Messiah, and Lord.

You have a problem with everything to do with anything to do with faith in Christ and God.

So that is not exactly news, but just you looking for more fault, on a thread that may have people showing their love for Him and His love for them.

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Cofty and I get along just fine but then again, I use a different definition of faith than you. I think Cofty's particular protest is with delusion.

• tec
    tec

So would that mean that you also think that faith such as my own is delusion?

You don't really say very much about your faith, but you did delegate Christ to the status of false prophet in that he made false prophecies; and you don't believe faith is based upon evidence... but rather more upon feeling, that you often describe with imagery regarding nature. (please feel free to correct me if I have that wrong)

Anyone who states that they know Christ, and that He does exist and IS alive... and loves Him and defends Him and God... that person is the one Cofty takes issue with.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

If every believer was willing to conform their belief to the constraints of reality as jgnat does we could learn a lot form each other, and enjoy mutually beneficial conversations.

Unfortunately its never long before somebody like Tammy comes along talking very loudly about a delusional world where make-believe is more valued than fact.

Jesus the man was a dangerous ego-centric cult leader, some of the teachings credited to him are admirable if not original.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Jesus, the man, failed in at least one prophecy. The expected persecution of his disciples during his lifetime did not happen.

The Christ we follow today barely resembles the man who walked the sands. I consider myself a Christian, though I am not orthodox any more.

We have opposite opinions about faith. If you count it as good as evidence, then it is not faith any more. I count faith as trust in the absence of evidence.

"You have a problem with everything to do with anything to do with faith in Christ and God"

You will note that Cofty was very kind with me on my thread,

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/267743/1/Challenge-to-Athiests-is-Religion-a-Pox-on-Mankind

because, as impossible as it may seem, I do think there is hope for middle ground. This polarization in to "camps" with disdain on both sides, is distressing.

• tec
    tec

One can have middle ground - respect, live and let live, etc - without being forced to compromise truth.

For me to have any kind of ground with Cofty... I would have to compromise truth, I woudl have to lie, and I would have to deny my Lord.

I would rather not have any ground... if those are the terms that come with.

No prophecy that Christ made has failed. (i'll jump over and look at that thread, if I did not already comment on it)

Why assume that he was a false prophet... over assuming that his words have been distorted or misrepresented... hence leaving your own understanding of them in error?

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

You are an extremist Tammy.

Its the same sort of mentality that leads to Northern Ireland and Palestine.

"I'm right, your wrong and god told me so"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit