Jesus' Teachings - Helpful or Harmful?

by jgnat 153 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zound
    zound

If you have ears to hear.

It reminds me of this. I remember once I went to a free group session for some kind of meditation thing. They took you through various stages of raising your energy through each chokra and then releasing it through the top of your head.

You were meant to be able to put your open hand above your head (or someone elses) and feel a wind like sensation on your hand of the negative energy escaping from your body.

At this time I was completely non skeptical - I was trying to do all the stages correctly and really wanted it to work. Everyone else in the room were saying they could feel this sensation, but I couldn't - though I was trying to. They kept saying, it's a very subtle feeling (almost indistinguishable to no feeling at all), and putting their hand over my head and saying that they could feel my negative energy releasing.

The bottom line is I just couldn't say that I felt it when I didn't - so then they said, that I will get it eventually, I'm just not in touch with my essence at the moment. I need to relearn how to FEEL. Keep trying and I will get it. I'm 'feeling, but not FEELING'.

At this stage I'm tired of people making believe and telling me that I'm just doing it wrong.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

So Jesus who is god supposedly doesn't have the power to prevent humans whom he created from altering his words??? So god can create the laws of physics and strike people dead but can't use his powers to preserve his word? Am I in a fxxxing twilight zone. Please be logical

[Edited for language - guideline 3 - jgnat]

• tec
    tec

Why didn't mighty Jesus just write a book himself so this multiple story hodge podge of magic and lies we have today wouldn't confuse people? That would be the real question.

Why do you think that a book written by Him would not have been abused and used to mislead people same as the one that we do have?

Christ is spirit... He is alive... and He does speak. He did not need to write a book to leave people... because He teaches them as the Spirit.

"My sheep hear my voice..."

I know this is not a popular sentiment around here (or in most places with most people). But it is true nonetheless and it is what IS written. For those who have trouble with this being possible though or with hearing in the first place.. there are also written accounts to help them learn about Christ and at some point, hopefully, to come to Him. The bible being a witness (or a comilation of many witnesses) that points TO Christ. I think it was Vander who once said that at some point you have to stop reading the menu and start eating. (I probably botched that, sorry)

But at some point, you have to stop reading about someone... and go TO that someone... as even He is written as having said.

"You search the scriptures because you think that by them you have eternal life. These are the scriptures that witness to me... yet you refuse to come to ME to have life."

God is spirit; Christ is spirit... and speak as spiritual beings to the spirit that we also are on the inside.

If he wrote a book, men would look to that... walking by sight rather than by faith... and still not listen so as to be able to heed Him when He calls, when He teaches, when He directs. Because they never learned, never tried, never allowed themselves to be trained. Plus, a book - something that is not alive and is unable to speak - cannot replace a living speaking being.

I do not mean to cause you any angst, but only to respond to the question that you asked.

Peace to you,

tammy

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Why do you think that a book written by Him would not have been abused and used to mislead people same as the one that we do have?"

Because if he is GOD and can control everything he should have used his powers to ensure that humans are not allowed to manipulate his words for that purpose. If he would literally just speak from the sky now and then we would not have these issues. Instead he is silent and allows these games to continue.

TEC your answers I have noticed are just rubbish. You always resort to using statements that the many Christians here will gobble up. They seem so peaceful and packed with spirit when in actuality its just a heap of rubbish.

" God is spirit; Christ is spirit... and speak as spiritual beings to the spirit that we also are on the inside."

The above statement is just a pile of sheer rubbish. None of it proven. You are using quotations from a flawed book to explain other statements or principles from a flawed book. Talking to you is like getting on a merry go round being pushed by a bully. He never stops it so you can get off, he just pushes faster and faster until you vomit and pass out.

• humbled
    humbled

Confusedandalone--

You aren't the only one in a twilight zone. Some of us came off the thread about a tsunami. Some of us find the OT just short of a dog-and-pony show.

Personally, I like Jesus' teachings-- even if he isn't a god/man. I don't think he was. Part of the problem with saying"god/man" is that I really don't think god is who I thought he was. And I don't know who he is or isn't now.

As for ears hearing...Who knew that would step on so many toes.

Cofty, I spent a bit of effort on that bit about St. Teresa--It was a point in keeping with the discussion.If your ears heard that bit, acknowledge please.

Zound, Jgnat, or anyone else stung by the offending phrase: I repent. I apologize. My own hearing has been called into question. If there is meaning beyond some basic things from Jesus, I do not hear it. But he has helped me--if I heard him right.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Do you think it would help if Jesus wrote an accurate gospel?

If he did, the churches would burn it up--first thing. Or better yet: have someone anointed explain it to us.

I fail to comprehend this logic .

Why beleive any books of the bible if you think that . Christianity teaches that GOD preserved the bible down to this day , so certainly he would have preserved jesus writings had done so.

Getting back to the OP , Jesus was a liar , Mat.17:20 nobody has ever moved a mountain by faith , also John 14:12-14 whatever you ask in his name he will do it , and some will perform greater works than jesus did.

Apologists make excuses and rationalise these scriptures , but the simple fact is jesus lied .

So if you think a liars teachings are helpful , then what can I say.

smiddy

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Smiddy you see what I am saying... I am not crazy

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Who invented words?

words are such an imperfect way to communicate .I would no more call Jesus a liar than i would call Cofty or Tec liars.I wonder how Jesus words were understood when he said them and how they are interpreted today.Language changes over time and translation. But like Cofty and Tec he seems a passionate fellow and as solid as the rock of Gibralter in his beliefs.

• KateWild
    KateWild

The above statement is just a pile of sheer rubbish. None of it proven. You are using quotations from a flawed book to explain other statements or principles from a flawed book. Talking to you is like getting on a merry go round being pushed by a bully. He never stops it so you can get off, he just pushes faster and faster until you vomit and pass out.-CAA

Wow CAA, give it to Tammy straight, I can't say I agree with her when she talks about spirit in Christ.

Tammy, although I believe in God, I must admit a little of what CAA says rings true, I wouldn't put it quite as strongly as that, but I have to admit, with my experience of my JC, the notion of holy spirit and God and Christ being spirits and worshiping in spirit and truth, at times makes me feel nauseous.

Mark 11.24 has been a harmful teaching to me. I believed for years that the answer to my prayers was wait. Well I waited years, and the suffering continues. This scripture stops many individuals taking action. It is harmuful. Tammy I have a question

I pray to God all the time, I want him to remove my son's abusive suffering. Why does God ignore me?

Kate xx

• zound
    zound

Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this life, or in the life to come. (Matthew 12:31–32)

So jesus teachings are harmful to you then kate - just so you know.

@ Tec, I've blasphemed against the holy spirit more times than I can remember, should I take what jesus said above at face value, or did he tell you something different off the record?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit