Could really use some help regarding legal letter to avoid DF

by Comatose 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

iirc, JWFacts sent in a similar letter to the elders handling his case. When he got his records from bethel, it was noted that they received the letter and he was still disfellowshipped. Not sure if they made the announcement or not, but on his record he was listed as disfellowshipped.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I did hire a lawyer and had a letter drafted and sent by him. We didn't hear anything from them for 2.5 months probably after that. Nice because I have had a lot of close family visit, and that will change if we are DF'd.

I'm not rich, but I sacrificed and paid an expensive price for what has turned out to be 3 extra months with family. Considering I could lose them soon, its a price I'd pay again.

The letter worked as I said for a while, then a lawyer from the WT actually did respond to my lawyer. He said he was representing the 3 douche's on the committee. My lawyer then looked and this guy wasn't licensed to practice in my state, so he sent another letter asking if someone else was going to represent the elders or why he was attempting representation without being licensed here.

The elders did call one last time to try to get me to meet again, I said I can't talk without my lawyer present and hung up. Then we recieved a registered letter for another damn JC meeting with the same charges as last time. I talked to the lawyer and he said we would ignore it and keep hammering their attorney.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if I get a registered letter saying I am DF soon. I am pretty much expecting it. But, you never know.

I do have one further tip or bit of advice I'll offer. If I had a do-over on this, I'd threaten to sue just the 3 elders without including WT. I think the reason the WT lawyer got involved is because I had mentioned the WT as a lawsuit as well.

Based on this experience, I do think the lawyer was working. If I had just not named the WT in the potential suit, the elders wouldn't have a free lawyer available.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

marked...thanks for the update!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit