Continued . . . My husband is stepping down -elder

by Prisila 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Beans
    Beans

This is such an interesting story to me. Are they affraid that you will leave the truth and is this the new Theocratic Warfare? If you tell them that you read the book you will be ousted for sure or at least that is what happens to almost everyone who has admitted this. I`m sure you have thought about leaving alltogether but that I believe would be a huge step!

Well Good Luck!

Beans

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

It is funny... Sometimes if you are well liked and your elder body is actually nice (smile) or really dense to your real motives for stepping down, they will bend over backwards to accomodate you.

I would really advise against telling them the true nature of your husband's reasons for stepping aside. Basically because they don't deserve any reasons.

Simply submit a letter to the elder body thanking them for their kindness and the "privilege" to have served with them, but say that the time has come for you to step aside for personal and private reasons. Tell them you have weighed the matter out prayerfully and feel you have Jehovah's blessing on this decision and that you would be grateful if it was respected.

These people have no authority over you or your husband unless you submit to it.

Path

• lastcall
    lastcall

This is a very interesting story. I do want to say that both I,and a relative have made it known to elders that we have read COC at two separate congregations and no action was taken. I also have yet another relative who did the same, no action taken (although they did pester her until she finally DA'd herself). Has anyone been da'd or df'd just for reading the book?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Prisila,

Your husband seem typical of the good ones. The self righteous, aggressive, self promoting types walk all over people. The loving, humble, self-sacrificing types let the other kind walk all over them. On the other hand, these guys may be genuine in trying to help you and your husband.

As advised by others he needs to just submit a letter of resignation and stick with it. Thank the bros for their concern but insist he is resigning. To postpone it too long may make you both impatient and impulsive which could be dangerous.

Tell your husband I did it just about this time last year. Keep in touch.

Jst2laws

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

I would think if he wrote a letter and stuck with his reasons without any deviation that they would honor it at some point. Any mention of COC will no doubt cause a situation that you guys don't want.

GOod Luck, it's amazing how arrogant they really are.

-Rick

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I stepped down, and no questions were asked and no problems encountered. I just say "no more" and stated my reasons in a couple of very long letters to the Society, and received notice that "permission granted".

• ballistic
    ballistic

reckless you said "To cap it off continue by saying, "Look, I have issue with some of the societies points of view, and teachings.""
    This will get you disfellowshipped without a doubt. I thought the idea was to avoid this?

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

BE very out in the open about celebrating holidays and invite Dan Hall of Reveal Ministries over for dinner OR even Bill Bowen of SilentLambs over 4 when you have your committee meeting -- there is all kinds of fun ways to get kicked out of the ORG -- I know !!!!! BTW HAPPY MOTHERs DAY everyone !!! HEy here is a neat idea replace all WT things like meetings / service, etc. stay home U 2 and replace with having SEX and do not answer the door ever again !!! just my opinion

• Room 215
    Room 215

Pris..

Remember the old song: ``A Good Man is Hard to Find?'' For both the local elderberries and their senile masters in Brooklyn/Patterson, it gets harder by the day.

First you offer a man a little approbation and measured doses of prestige in the small pond of JWdom, then lay on him an oppressive burden along with the demand that he `sit down and shut up!'' when his masters lay down the law, and you're astonished when he begs for his freedom?

``Oh no, we're not gonna let you off that easy,'' protest the surviving elders, in their best misery-loves-company tone of voice.

That's why my advice as always been to ambitious JW youngsters who ``reach out:'' Be careful of what you ask for!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Many times they just hate to see a good man leave. I believe the sadness is often genuine because it is the same sadness that I felt when people stopped attending meetings or otherwise left.

I realize now I just misunderstood. JWs are often genuine and sincere in a misguided way. You just have to do what you know is right and hope that one day they will understand too.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit