Path, that's a very nice post.

Kind of a "forgive them, Father, for they know not
    what they do" situation.

metatron

• out4good3
    out4good3
    .......received notice that "permission granted"

Now that's rich....

The WT so arrogant to think that they have to bestow "permission" for an adult member to have to do anything not directly related to the organization. Goes to show that they only have as much control as you're willing to give them.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi Prisila:

This is Ronin1:

Listen, your story sounds like deja vue.

My husband well over a year ago submitted his resignation letter to step down as ministerial servant. He cited his job (he is self-employed) and the fact that he could not devote the so-called hours in field service they required of him.

Get this: they also refused to accept his letter. They stated he did not give a spiritual reason. We discussed it and decided to "hell with them". They do not dictate to us. However, we did not tell them anything else about how we felt. We slowly cut down our attendance at the meetings and especially during the week. Therefore my husband was not around to be asked to do anything. After months, they finally got the picture. To this day, we do not know if they "read him off" as a ministerial servant and we do not care.

I go to the meetings only on a Sunday when I feel like it; my husband goes to the weekly and Sunday meetings when he feels like it. Neither of us has gone out in service for well over a year. However, that has not stopped us from talking to persons about the Bible when the opportunity arises.

So I would suggest to you that your husband not tell them anything. It's really none of their business and if you have been in the org for sometime now, you know the elders like getting in peoples business, that way they do not have to concentrate on their own.

Ronin1

• Carmel
    Carmel

So Ronin1,

What is it that keeps you going to Sunday silliness?

carmel

"inquiring minds want to know"

• blondie
    blondie

I would say going enough to keep contacts with friends and family who are still in. There is another topic around here about how severe the organization is getting about inactive people and not associating even with them.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi Carmel:

Sometimes I just feel like hearing a Bible talk. I really do not think any church is better than the other, so listening to a Bible talk by the borg is not so bad.

Ronin1

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi Blondie:

Unforunately, the so-called "friends" in our congs round about do not even keep in contact with us. If we do not make it to a meeting, they do not call to inquire about us or to make sure we are ok. The only ones that show a caring attitude are our landlords who are also in our congregation and who's husband is an elder. They have known me since I was young because I grew up and around with their children. So we have always been friends.

And some of our family members to not call or refuse to talk to us because we emotionally and morally support my three (3) brothers-
    one (1) who is disfellowship, one (1) who was an elder but was deleted on false charges, and one (1) who decided enough was enough with the Borg and my twin sister who is disfellowshiped. None of my brothers or my twin sister has returned to the borg and we suppport their decision and we made sure we let all our family members know.
    So we are basically shunned by other family members for that and we do not care.

So I only go to the meetings on a Sunday when I want to hear a Bible talk, not to keep up with friends I really do not have.

Ronin1

• blondie
    blondie

Well, Ronin, that should be the real reason to attend, to hear something from the Bible. I know too well what you are talking about. I know you will not lose your joy in serving God and will not confuse God with the actions of those people.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi Blondie:

You are absolutely right.

Thanks,

Ronin1

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ronin

I really do not think any church is better than the other, so listening to a Bible talk by the borg is not so bad.
    So, have you gone to some other churches? It can be an eye opening experience to observe and participate in the services of different churches.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit