• outnfree
    outnfree

Nate --

Who wrote that song, please?

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

The company I work for will pay for 80% of your college tuition as long as you pass. (You have to wait to get reimbursed and it has to be a degree that has to do with your job or a future job within the company.) I've been thinking seriously for the last several weeks about going back to school. I mean, if the company is paying for that much, how can I lose right? I'm feeling a bit intimidated, but hearing about it from y'all is definitely encouraging!

Andi

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Gray Matter" is just one of the many fine products of OINGO-BOINGO!

Sample it here: http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1910616648/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/ArtistID=OINGO+BOINGO/ITEMID=807196

Danny Elfman (Jenna's Dad) RULES!!

• Kristen
    Kristen

Outnfree,
    Congratulations! I am very happy and excited for you! Ever since I started taking classes I've realized how much I enjoy learning and expanding my knowlege base in various subjects. I know you will too!

Keep in mind—if your cc's summer courses are like the ones I've taken, you will probably complete the semester in half the time of a regular semester by doubling up on the hours/work. IOW, one class will feel like two. I enrolled in 3 this summer... 2 is considered a full-time load. Fall and Spring semesters are stretched out for 16 weeks.

Andi,
    Go for it! When I worked for a company that had a similiar set-up with paying tuition I was able to scope out a few career paths and figure out what I really had a passion for. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you have to pay for your own tuition, you'll *wish* that you made the most of your current opportunity. You can always try something out, and if it's not for you, find something else.

Kristen

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thanks, Nathan! I sampled several OingoBoingo tunes. I need to hear more than 30 secs. of each track, though.

Andi, Pat --
    Go for it!

Anyone else contemplating this, go for it!!! I feel terrific about this decision, I'm sure you will, too.

Kristen,
    Yes, I will be taking one course crammed into 8 wks rather than the usual 16. Which is why I only took ONE - LOL!

JT,
    You're a doll!!! Thanks for your support.

I am truly touched by all the well-wishes, some from posters I don't know well -- yet!

Thanks again!

outnfree

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Grats, I'm a 32 year old current college student. I have to agree with some of the above. Just the gaining of knowledge about all kinds of different subjects makes college well worth it as long as you have a realistic goal. Don't expect to make a buttload of money with a degree in political science or elizabethen poetry. Have fun, I know I am.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• waiting
    waiting

CONGRATULATIONS OUT!

You'll enjoy it - trust me. I was real excited about the classes - loved to hear & discuss (for some reason, I asked more questions and gave more answers than anybody. Even politely argued a tad. There were several more who did that - but at least mine made sense (most of the time.)

One kid asked me in front of the class (before the prof. got there) - "you actually READ the chapter?" I laughed and said "yeah, I'm not out partying at night - I'm old and have time." He concurred - little blond shit.

It was only one class and I forgot only one thing....friggin' homework!!!!!!! Seriously interferred with my gardening and tv. Am thinking of taking Aby Normal psych in the fall. Should fit right in, eh?

I enjoyed it a lot.....but I also enjoy not having any classes right now. *sigh* such is the life of a student of 3.0 hrs.

Got an A though

THANKS LARC - YOU ENCOURAGED A LOT OF US!!!! I was going to say "planted the seed" but figured Zazu might misinterpret.

waiting

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Happy-happy-joy-joy....! Kudos to everyone going back to college or thinking of it.

You've got alot of cheerleaders here :)

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Outnfree - you go for it! Just coming to the end of my college course now, only 3 weeks to go until my exams.... that's why I have been very quiet on the board lately - head always in the books! And then its off to uni in September for 4 years hard slog.

Hope it goes really well for you and you get what you want out of it! (And dont forget an apple for the teacher on your first day!)

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thanks again to waiting (hehe, LOVE your humor!}, mimilly, and ((((wifey)))).

I have been missing you in chat, wifey! You ace those exams, y'here?

Love to all,

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit