Starting College -- HOORAY for ME!!!

by outnfree 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• outnfree
    outnfree

I am just so excited. Earlier this week I applied for admittance to my local community college and today I registered for my first class!
    (One class for the summer session to see how this college stuff plays out.)

I am taking "Introduction to Logic". (All smart remarks about how this is a very good idea for me are quite unnecessary! ) This course is transferable later on for credit to the University down the road.

Seriously, I'd like to thank larc for starting a thread a while back where people discussed their college/university experiences which really put the bug in me to attend. AND I have realized from this forum and other ex-JW websites that I have a LOT to learn about critical thinking and logic, so this seemed a good place to start!

HOORAY! HOORAY! (doing a little happy dance here!)
    Just wanted to share my joy!

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• AlanF
    AlanF

Congratulations! You're about to embark on one of the most rewarding and enjoyable experiences you can imagine. It'll have it's ups and downs, but I'm sure it'll be a bull market for you in the long run!

"Introduction to Logic", eh? Is that rhetorical logic or digital logic?

AlanF

• Valis
    Valis

good for you! Don't forget to check out this site for possible scholarship opportunities...

http://www.fastweb.com

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• somebody
    somebody

Congratulations, outnfree!

Hip Hip...hooray!!

Sounds like an interesting class to start off with too!

Maybe you can share some of what you learn with us? It might make for some great topics.

peace,
    somebody

• Kep
    Kep

Good on ya Outtie,
    I hope you enjoy what you learn.
    I too have been thinking about furthering my education.
    Looking forward to hearing your progress.
    Kep

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

yay out!!! *doing a happy dance with out*

sooo very happy for you :)

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Yaaaaayyyyyy OUT!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you! I remember what a great feeling it was to embark on my college career. The very first time I sat in a college class, I had a big grin on my face and I kept thinking "Wow, I'm actually in college!" I know you'll enjoy it and that you'll do well.

Dana

• Imbue
    Imbue

Great you'll love it!

"Not part of the inner circle class"-Larc

• amccullough
    amccullough

I am envious, I have to wait until my wife finishes college before I can go back to college. At the rate she is going, it will be quite a wait too.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

great news (((out)))!! congratulations, i'm very excited for you *dances with out and harmy*
    good luck hunny!

the scalpel shines in god's sunshine
    street lights whisper pain
    down here near the poison stream our god has gone insane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit