Have you noticed the JW child who........?

by Phizzy 20 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Have you seen the JW child who grows up to be the ideal product of the Cult from its point of view, and presumably from its indoctrinated parent's point of view?

That young person is a WEIRDO !!!

I can think of a number like this, still a minority fortunately, in that most of the ones I watched grow up either left or did not embrace the thing anywhere near 100%.

But those One-Hundred-Percenter kids are something to behold !

I saw one the other day as he held open the car door for an Elderly JW lady that he had kindly given a lift home, I do not know this kid, but as I obviously knew the old lady and was greeting her you would think he would have some convo. with me, but no, just ignored me , mumbled something to the old Sis and scuttled off. Weirdo.

They are weird, can't stop saying it.

And small wonder, his father I am told used to make the kids sit, AT HOME, for two hours, as practice for the K.H Meetings, that is Child Abuse.

With parents like that no wonder they grow up to be Wierdos !

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

More than false promises, flip-flopping doctrine or anything else......the thing that first got me thinking that there is no way the Watchtower can be God's chosen people was the very high porportion of dysfunctional familes in the religion. Yes....too few "normal people" and very many "weirdos".

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Well, weird is not just limited to JW's. And there's good weird and bad weird. But in a KH or convention the ratio of weird can be overwhelming.

Funny, just yesterday I was thinking that I'm sure the JW's viewed me as weird.

Of course, I am not!!!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Tell you what I like Phizzy, is that I no longer have to converse with these "weirdo's". I mean, do you strike up a conversation with the nutter on the bus? Exactly.....

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Yes, most of the young ones I see giving out magazines at the train station are such nerds that I feel too sorry to speak to them about it not being the truth, as they would struggle living a normal life.

• Syme
    Syme

There may be a handful of those weirdo types, but as one psychologist put it: "Biology happens". No matter what the desperate (and hypocritical) attempts of religion to subdue nature are, biology is stronger.

There's no way a super-duper zealous perfect jw youth does not succumb to human nature, one way or the other, short or long-term.

The only difference between seculars and religious fanatics (as those overzealous jw kids), is that religious ones pretend and lie.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, parenting aside, the children of JWs who would naturally have trouble fitting into society are the ones most likely to retreat into the religion like a protective cocoon and become uber-JWs.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Yes indeed Phizzy!! Like the Punch Drunk JW kids who came to my door a couple weeks ago........

True Syme!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I remember a talk givin in the hall I used to go to. The guy who gave it told all the children sitting in the hall that they were weird. His point was that the world sees them as weird but that was a good thing.

It's just weird

• XstuckX
    XstuckX

I feel sorry for them. It's not their fault their wackjob parents are raising them in the cult. Kids don't care about "Jehovah". They care about gaining their parents approval and not getting a whipping if they don't make enough comments at the meeting. Try being forced through that and NOT be a nerd. Or do like I did and turn to drugs and sex as a teenager.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit