Have you noticed the JW child who........?

by Phizzy 20 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DS211
    DS211

I played manhunt with a kid like that...while we were jiding he was telling jokes to himself out loud and laughing at them.....quite disturbing

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I don’t know about everyone else here, but those kids made up maybe 10 to 20 % of the “young ones” in the halls I went to. While I was growing up, they were the ones that were rarely invited to the “normal” “cool” kid’s activities. They do make for a good laugh though.

I agree with Syme, that it is most likely biology, not just the cult upbringing.... but it certainly doesn’t help.

• TMS
    TMS

Many of us who grew up as JWs found ourselves with limited social skills compared to our peers. Within the congregation, we knew all the buzz words, jargon and customs, but outside we were limited. Even if we excelled academically in public schools, we missed out on summer camps, clubs, extra-curricular activities, dances, socializing, dating~all the things that help a person develop socially.

Certainly, the religion's children developed oddly. Consider, the home-schooled 12 year old boy, who "pioneers" with a carload of sisters, taking the lead because he is a male. being called "Brother So-and-So," not by his first name like other boys his age. When, he should be on a basketball court, cursing when he misses a shot, he's praying in front of a group, then directing older ladies in field service. Of course, he becomes a weirdo. . . . . .

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Have you seen the JW child who grows up to be the ideal product of the Cult from its point of view, and presumably from its indoctrinated parent's point of view?

That young person is a WEIRDO !!!

..http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/funniest-kid-gifs-kid-ice-cream.gif

..........................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

that was me so don't judge unless you want to be judged

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

found sheep, we were (and some - or most - of us still are) weirdos. nothing judgemental about it.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i know just insecure moment

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

LOL, Found Sheep, I don't think you meant to post "that was me" after Outlaw's GIF.

But yes, I was speaking from experience too, I was one of those weird kids. I didn't relate to people my age, and still don't, but the gap was already wide starting in Kindergarten for reasons that had nothing to do with religion, and then the religion made it even wider. I'm positive that people still wonder what is up with me on a regular basis.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Ummm... yes I have seen those children. One of them was named James. He wrote a book (www.backseatdevil.com) about leaving the organization.

He is no longer "weird"... he's just himself, and he's one of a kind.

• zeb
    zeb

Phizzy: It was one of those 'perfect' young brothers who abused my offspring and many others. He destroyed many families in the process.

Found sheep: nice to see you on deck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit