Do you think JWs know what apostates really are?

by KateWild 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

An apostate according to the dictionary is just someone who renounces a religious or political belief. What is so terrible about that? When I was in it was someone who started talking to others and drawing off followers after themselves but I understand now if you say to anyone you find a certain teaching difficult to believe you can be disfellowshipped if you don't recant.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks guys for your thoughts. Kate xx

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

No. It's demonisation plain and simple. It's "the enemy", "the bogieman", worse than anyone else, what more do we need to know, but to avoid like the plague? In reality, every time I go out on the ministry I'm trying to make new apostates. (according to the ACTUAL definition. )

• Nika Bee
    Nika Bee

When I was little, the word "apostates" - " Abtrünnige" sounded scary, dark and dangerous. I didn't understand the meaning, but what I imagined were dark creatures, without faces.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They know who we are and they could not care less. We are irrelevant. The ones that they don't know about and keep them awake at night are the many many individuals embedded within the congregreations as pioneers, MS, elders, and possibly higher in the org chart who are either outright apostates or at minimum no longer believe and exhibit passive behavior that assists the enemy.

• donny
    donny

An Apostate is anyone who questions anything that is dictated by the Governing Body.

• KateWild
    KateWild

CB, Nikki Bee, NY, and Donny,

Thank you so much for your support and your posts. I agree with all of you. JWs really don't understand the meaning behind the word apostate and are too scared to do the research because of their indoctrination.

It's hurts but ya gotta move on.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

OUTLAW fab stuff,

I am gonna show that to my son today if he mentions the apostate item from the meeting, you can teach him a lot from all of your pictures. They are sarcastic, funny and get the point across. You are very bright indeed OUTLAW. With my son's ASD visiual aids have the best impact but they need to have some intellectual wit to them.

Well done keep up the good work

Take care

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit