Do you think JWs know what apostates really are?

by KateWild 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild

I don't!

My friend was slagging off one of my other friends saying they have been known to say apotate things. She does apostate things herself without realising it. She meant well because she fears the word apostate as I once did, but she openly says to me my JC was lacking in Holy Spirit.

She doesn't have a clue what apostacy really is she just wants me not to mix with ones who have been known said "apostate things". But she is just scared of the word apostate not the things they have actually said. she want me to be careful, huh??? She is the one in the cult!!

Such a stpid cult.

Do you think JWs know what apostates really are?

Love Kate xx

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Apparently, an apostate is a dog that has returned to its own vomit. Not nice!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

They know what the WTS tells them apostates are. The perception is the reality. That and cognative dissonance are the two biggest factors that prevent many more witnesses from finding out more about TTATT.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Indeed Gladiator, not nice... just had my dog vomiting and before I could clean it he already ate it, the dirty bastard! YUK!!!

But I think Kate/Sam is right, JW's fear the WORD 'apostate', like they fear 'demons' or 'Satan'... but they really have no idea what it really means.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I think WT's way of making the shunning more effective is to make apostacy scary. I know I was scared when I came across "other sites". It took internal courage for me to even read some material. But when I did, I knew I was lied to about the term in general.

In reality it's one who has doubts and seeks answers through research, but my friend doesn't know the reality, does she?

Kate xx

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I hate that "dog & vomit" thing, it's totally uncalled for.

I think maybe most JW's just bandy the word about because it's said so much (drilled into more like) at the KH's and Arssemblies!!! It's a kind of bogey man type of word. I agree with Kate, it makes it scary. That's what they want. It took me a lot of balls to finally log on to this site after Googling it for months and it did'nt take long for me to realise what a stooooopid word it actually is.

It's like a word maybe like, spider....,some people who have aracnaphobia are freaked out JUST by the word. The GB have made an excellent job of "demonizing" (no pun intended) this word. The GB have very good spin doctors, if you want to put it in a political sense.

The snakes.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Well said QCF, Sam xx

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Taken from, Can Jehovah's Witnesses Survive? by Trevor Willis (Formating not preserved)

How can we protect ourselves against false teachers? The Bible's counsel regarding how to deal with them is clear. (Read Romans 16:17; 2 John 9-11.) ‘Avoid them,’ says God's Word. Other translations render that phrase ‘turn away from them,’ ‘keep away from them,’ and ‘stay away from them!’ There is nothing ambiguous about that inspired counsel. Suppose that a doctor told you to avoid contact with someone who is infected with a contagious, deadly disease. You would know what the doctor means, and you would strictly heed his warning. Well, apostates are ‘mentally diseased,’ and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings. (1 Tim. 6:3) Will you heed Jehovah's warnings? The Watchtower - 15 July 2011

The notion that members who leave are mentally diseased was based on a scripture, from their own translation:

If any man teaches other doctrine and does not assent to healthful words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, nor to the teaching that accords with godly devotion, he is puffed up [with pride] not understanding anything, but being mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words. 1 Timothy 6:3, 4 - New World Translation

Other translations use terms such as: morbid interest, unhealthy interest, unhealthy craving

• Fernando
    Fernando

Their own Bible correctly defines apostasy.

One can search the Bible in the wt library for the following using paragraph scope:

aposta* unfaithful*

One can also search the NWT Bible for:

prostit*

• KateWild
    KateWild

he is puffed up with pride and does not understand anything.+ He is obsessed* with arguments and debates about words.+ These things give rise to envy, strife, slander,* wicked suspicions,

An excerpt from the NNWT, notice how mentally diseased becomes obsessed, so if we question and research to an arbitrary degree decided upon by 3 window wahsers we're apostate.

A cult

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit