Hold me, thrill me, kiss me..... a tribute

by FlyingHighNow 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

She was. My grandpappy was, too. He just wasn't so vocal. He was a session musician on some big band 78s. He had a vast collection of antique guns and swords. He built cannons, steam engines and even from scratch, a steam train, complete with engine and various cars and the track, which sits in a museam to this day. He had a dental/surgical practice on the 7th floor of a building in Mobile, overlooking Mobile Bay and the USS Alabama. He smoked a pipe, drank whisky and said well, okey dokey, a lot.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Pap, loading one of his cannons:

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Pap in front of the cannon, Daddy behind it and my beloved, late, oldest brother Cory.

• Heath N
    Heath N

FHN......So great to see pictures of your family living and doing normal things that bring happy and

tearful memories of loved ones..........Paul

• Violia
    Violia

Your Grandma sounds delightful. She will be with you always.

Grandparents occupy a special place . Parents must be strict but grandma/grandpa can be fun. We are hoping our granddaughters will have happy memories to share one day about us.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Lovely story. Thank you for sharing.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Viola, she used to type letters to me. She would correct them with ink pen. She sent me a subscription to a girls magazine called Ingenue. She would put little things in her letter like a silver book mark, monogrammed with an F for the family name, which I still have.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The magazine was was for Sophisticated Teens. I guess my grandma had me pegged. Look at the concerns of the day:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit