Hold me, thrill me, kiss me..... a tribute

by FlyingHighNow 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Carlita with one of the cannons that Grandpappy built in the machine shop in his basement:

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Grandpappy was conquered by stomach cancer during the 1970s. Later Carlita married another dentist named Ken. She had a thang for the dashing gentleman dentists.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Memories are wonderful. Never let them go. I love that song too. "Hold me, thrill me, never let me go" sung by Mel Carter.

Peace to you FHN.

HappyDad

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Her coupe deville, which only had 23,000 miles on it when I visited her in 1975, was a blue gray color and looked a lot like this:

I'm pretty sure it was a 63 coupe deville, but the 61 and 62 look similar. It has the understated tail fins from the early 60s.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Great song.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Peace to you, too Happy Dad. She was a colorful, very special book of memories.

She used to take right to her dresser drawer, when we'd visit her, and give us gum with sugar. Now think about it, her husband was a dentist and we had six kids in our family.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's truly a great song, Bizzy. It impressed me that my grandmother loved the song, too. She had a passion for life, a gusto really.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks for sharing FHN , memories can be a beautiful thing ., in this case.

smiddy

• tec
    tec

Thanks for the smile, FHN, and letting us get to know her just a bit!

Peace,

tammy

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Thanks for sharing your memories. She sounds like a delightful person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit