Fat Girls Guide to Life book

by love2Bworldly 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Anyone read the "Fat Girl's Guide to Life"? I am reading it right now and finding it pretty interesting. It makes me think outside the box a little bit about how much money is spent on products for people to lose weight, and how much money saturates the market and influences so much of the media.

The author's attitude is one I try to have-- exercise, be balanced in eating habits, drink water, take nutrition supplements, and don't obsess over dieting & what the scale says or about other people's judgements toward my weight.

Right now, I already know why I am overweight-- I am eating to deal with my bipolar issues. Hopefully my new therapist will help me get back on track since I had a hospitalization & bad meltdown in October-- it caused me to gain back 15 pounds it took me over a year to lose. I am a bit sad that I did that to my body.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Don't feel too bad about it, if it helped you get through a rough spot to eat a bit more, then it was probably needed. I wish I only had to lose 15 pounds. I have gained 40 pounds in the last four years because of a medication I am on. It's very discouraging, I am petite, so that is a huge difference, it's two whole sizes. I am 59, and I have never been this fat. I have tried lowering the dose, but my condition just gets worse. I try to diet, I just get ravenous, I can push through a week of that, but that makes my condition worse too.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nothing wrong with a bigger woman.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Anyone have tips on gaining weight?

• KateWild
    KateWild

At 40 I am no size 10, I have stated going to the gym for mainly social reasons and to stop me going on JWN too much and comfort eating whilst watching TV.

Personally fake tan, eye lashes and long nails in a size 10 slut suit is not my look, plus at 40 it adds a few years on in my opinion. Now if you are size 10 without working for it fine I know many lovely size 10s, but those who are obsessed with maintaining their size 10 can be icredibly crass, sharp, and silly cows tbh.

I could be thinner, but hey I feel healthy and I am at the gym, I don't think I will ever be a size 10 again.

Size 10 in the uk is size 4 in US I think, anyone?

Kate xx

• DJS
    DJS

You say fake tan, fake eye lashes and slut suit like those are bad things. ;-). Just kidding. What about fake boobs? Those are some of my favorite things. Not kidding. Otherwise, I'm a guy and I won't comment about a weight gain/loss issue originated by a woman in a milliion years. I notice that almost no other men have either. See, we are not all stupid.

• besty
    besty

Google Robert Lustig and start here

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/01/the-sugar-addiction-taboo/282699/

you can be fat and healthy (20% of obese people have normal measures of health) or thin and unhealthy (40% of normal weight people have initial signs of insulin resistance)

don't go to a gun fight with a knife - figure out why your biochemistry is killing you before starting your new diet.

• DJS
    DJS

Sorry Besty but the latest studies say something different. This was in the news just a few weeks ago:

You Can’t Be Fit and Fat

By Alexandra Sifferlin @acsifferlin Dec. 02, 2013

It’s okay to be heavy, as long as you don’t have diabetes or hypertension–right? Not so fast, says the latest research.

There are always exceptions to the rule, and that’s true of health issues too. While the bulk of studies warn about the dangers — to the heart, liver, kidneys and other body systems — of gaining weight, a small number of trials suggested that some overweight or obese individuals may be as healthy as their normal weight counterparts, since they had normal blood pressure, no diabetes and relatively stable cholesterol levels. In fact, one study found that overweight individuals (but not obese people) tended to live longer than those of normal weight.

But in a comprehensive review of studies dating back to the 1950s, scientists contradict that idea, with evidence that it’s not possible to be both overweight and healthy.

• KateWild
    KateWild

DJS, I like your honesty. It's important to be honest about what you do and don't like I think, I prefer an nice squidgy belly to a 6 pack on a man, but thats me. As long as there are not any real health concerns I agree with besty. A woman doesn't have to be a size 10 to be healthy.

Kate xx

• DJS
    DJS

I agree. Obesity is the real issue, not a few pounds. But more than a few carries health risks from what the latest science suggests. But, alas, I am very shallow. I prefer no visible body fat, on me or my other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit