Sign this petition - Investigation On Jehovahs Witnesses Religious Policy That Violates Human Rights and Abuses Religious Freedom

by TJ Curioso 170 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ron jackson
    ron jackson

It was being advertised all over facebook that this man of AAWA would be on the sixscreens show, yes. So I tuned in.

• ron jackson
    ron jackson

Outlaw, that is really funny, I must say so.

It is curious to know though, on a serious note, how this petition will actually manifest itself into anything useful for the publics viewing and knowledge.

Yea, magnets were a hoot as the prize.

ronny

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Does AAWA have some kind of edict that their members need to have a little AAWA logo embedded in their facebook profile picture? Because at least 6 of them have that exact same thing going on. Maybe they are just trying to "advertise advertise advertise."

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Lol, Outlaw! Thanks.

Btw-I'm at my local KFC right now! Next stop- The Beer Barrel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Rip!..

Your Welcome!..

Eat a piece of KFC and Drink a Beer,for me..LOL!!..

..................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Most politicians are lawyers. No research was done. In fact, I don't think they even checked the wording of other petitions. It makes the entire ex JW community look bad. It is obvious that no lawyer wrote it. A first year political science student would know more. Everyone wants to lead. No one wants to do research. It is sad.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No research was done. In fact, I don't think they even checked the wording of other petitions.

It makes the entire ex JW community look bad. It is obvious that no lawyer wrote it.

A first year political science student would know more. Everyone wants to lead. No one wants to do research. It is sad.....BOTR

........................It was obvious from the AAWA Interview..

................AAWA was looking for some Attention/Advertising..

Without the Professional Talent,to make sure the Petition was a Success..

.......................................Look What I Can Do!!..

.....................look what i can do. .. Sure you appear to be missing bones in your arms.

............................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would have to say I support the petition on grounds that the WTS. does use hatred and prejudice against people

wanting to move over to another faith based religion.

In most modernized countries like the US for example there is a statue of freedom of religion that involves human rights.

Typically if a once baptized JWs feels the desire to leave the JWS and move toward another religious faith, that

person would be subject to public shunning ( hatred and prejudice) even by their own family members.

In essence demonizing that individual or calling them down as being mentally diseased.

Freedom of religion shouldn't mean a religion has the right to impose hatered upon an individual simply for choosing another

religious faith, breaking up families in the process and causing assorted amount of grief and anguish.

Must remember folks that some people have committed suicide from the operative actions of the WTS. and its shunning

and DFing policy.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Must remember folks that some people have committed suicide from the operative actions of the WTS. and its shunning

and DFing policy.

Yeah, people have commited suicide, because they got an F on their report card or their spouse divorced them too. Should we outlaw the right to leave your partner or tell someone they suck at math? I fail to see your point.

Shunning sucks, but it's been found to be a constitutionally protected religious practice time and time again.

Freedom of religion shouldn't mean a religion has the right to impose hatered upon an individual simply for choosing another

religious faith, breaking up families in the process and causing assorted amount of grief and anguish.

So what you're saying is freedom of religion should only apply to religions whose practices you personally agree with. Sorry, but that's not the way it works.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Put aside the reality that the DOJ wouldn't do anything even with a hundred million signatures because no federal law has been broken and it would be contrary to the Constitution. Besides that, those signing the petition should think about what a slippery and dangerous slope it would be for the government to start investigating every percieved harm in society. As wearewatchingyouman pointed out, people unfortunately commit suicide for a lot of reasons. Why not criminalize adultery, being a poor parent or child, unkindness to co-workers, or the many other things that have led to suicide in some cases? Why not force everyone to be nice to everyone else under penalty of prosecution? Wouldn't anyone who turns someone against a friend so that they "shun" their former friend be part of some conspiracy to violate human rights?

Think also about the right to speak out critically that we take for granted in free societies. Essentially, the petition wants to criminalize the WT's criticism of former members and their collective decision to shun the former members. Why would the government then not have to investigate anyone who speaks out critically toward politicians, businesses, celebrities, or religious groups (any "Anti" movements come to mind?) to see if the criticism is justified? This is why the better way to combat shunning and breaking up of families is to publicize it and expose their double speak for what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit