The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

A god who cannot calm a wave before it even reaches the surface without negative consequences is a pathetic deity.

A deity who can and does defeat death altogether and grant eternal life to His children? Who brought forth life to begin with? Who has devised a way for his children to come home, despite the harm man has done to himself and to his offspring?

Doesn't sound so pathetic to me Cofty.

My question remains. I think I have considered and refuted more than 20 answers and given well thought-out rational reasons for rejecting them.

Fixed that for you.

Like I said, try reading before you wave your pom-poms.

So... anyone who thinks that someone makes a good point... and say so... is waving pompoms? Be sure to tell all the people who have agreed with you or said good point to you.

I admitted that I read wrong. Nice to know that you are quick and easy with an insult even when someone admits to having misread something and apologizes for it.

But besides that... I agreed with Caliber for calling you on your loaded question, and asking you one in return. I still agree with him on that and still think it a good point. That had nothing to do with his answer to your loaded question.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

A deity who can and does defeat death altogether and grant eternal life to His children? Who brought forth life to begin with? Who has devised a way for his children to come home, - Tammy

The difference between what god didn't do on 26th December 2004, and all those things you listed, is that we know god didn't stop the drowning of a quarter of a million people. We have TV pictures to prove it.

The things you listed are just sophistry.

If can see a flaw in any of the answers please speak up....

• tec
    tec

So?

What God are you arguing against?

The God and Father of Christ?

Or some generic god?

If some generic god... knock yourself out.

If the God and Father of Christ... well, I do know Christ died and yet was raised to life. I do know that He lives. So I do know that He keeps his promises. I do know that He speaks the Truth. I do know that He grants fruits of the Spirit. So I have every reason to put my faith in Him and His promises, and no reason to doubt Him, or anything that He said.

He sure never promised that there would be no death and suffering in this life.

This world is not the Kingdom of God.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Anyway, I am getting sucked back in, lol, and I already answered on page 39.

So moving on... again... ; )

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

What God are you arguing against?

Any god of theism.

The god of the dead carpenter for example. The one who grants fruits of the spirit - I see you are still waiting for your portion.

• cofty
    cofty

Yes you offered an answer on page 39 that stands alone in this thread for its stupidity.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

This world is not the Kingdom of God.

Tammy does the god you worship love the world or not?

• adamah
    adamah

THE WATCHTOWER JANUARY 2014 Why Does God Allow Suffering?

By his words, Satan implied that Eve—and by extension, all humans—would be better off without God’s rulership. In this case too, Jehovah knew that the best way to address the challenge would be to let Satan try to prove his point. So God has allowed Satan to rule this world for a time.

And when did that occur, exactly, in the Bible?

God punished snakie in Genesis, condemning him to crawl. That can't be the beginning of God's handing over the reigns to Satan, since per the Xian eisegetical reading snakie was Satan, so God punished him. That's clearly not letting him "prove his point", it's punishing him for being clever (which is exactly how God made him to be, as the "cleverest beast of the field", per Genesis 3).

God kicked Adam and Eve out of the garden and posted that flaming sword: THAT'S not the beginning of Satan's rule, since God meddled.

God intervened on the matter of Cain v Abel by punishing Cain. That can't be the beginning of God allowing Satan a chance to rule the World as he sees fit and giving him a fair chance, since God violated non-interventionalist principles by butting in.

God intervened in the Flood, so that doesn't work. God intervened in the Tower of Babel episode, so that's not it. God destoryed Sodom and Gomorrah, so that doesn't work as Satan's judgment. Handing Mosaic Law is a HUGE violation of cheating by trying to intervene in the World, since it's not giving Satan a fair chance to rule without someone butting in, expressing his Divine Will constantly.

In fact, the REST of the Tanakh contain THOUSANDS of examples of God intervening into Satan's turn to rule, so that doesn't work.

The NT is EVEN WORSE: it contains examples of God cheating, since the whole idea of Jesus assuming mortal form is a MAJOR example of God's willingness to intervene into the World, sneaking loyal troops into the battlefield to try and intervene. Jesus chased out demons in others, formed a rag-tag band of apostles, died on the Cross (!), and believers who morphed into the Roman Catholic Church (!), so NONE of that work as a fair trial of non-intervention with Satan's turn to rule Earth.

So anyone who actually still believes in this "Universal Sovereignity" nonsense: WHEN DID IT OCCUR IN THE BIBLE?

If you believe it, then WHY IS GOD ALLOWED TO INTERFERE WITH SATAN'S TURN, not giving Satan a fair chance to rule?

Is someone afraid they'd lose, if Satan was given a fair trial?

WT SAID- That explains why we see so much suffering around us—it’s because Satan, not God, is the real ruler of the world. But there is good news…

Lemme see if I've got this heady concept:

God does the good stuff; Satan does the bad. M'kay....

OF COURSE, the Universal Sovereignty issue is used to explain God's lack of intervention on the question of natural evil, since God wouldn't want to do anything to allow the appearance of not giving Satan a fair chance....

Adam

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

adamah Surely your not saying that you don't believe the Watchtower?

• adamah
    adamah

Gladiator said-

Surely your not saying that you don't believe the Watchtower?

LOL!

The more relevant question is, how could ANYONE over the age of 12 believe this kind of foggy-brained horse-shit? Is critical-thinking THAT endangered, or so under-valued as to be the Cinderella of the brain, the unwanted stepchild who has to do the mundane housework

while the ugly emotional half-sisters attend the grand ball?

Sadly, many people allow their emotional desires to drive their beliefs, where the age of the emotional brain is seemingly comparable to that of a slow child...

Adam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit