New Circles of Friends Take Time

by KateWild 36 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

Sometimes one good friend can keep us stable, we are all different I like to have a circle of friends not loads but a handfull of close friends. Kate xx

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Yes one friend is too little and a nice handful of close friends is just the right amount. You seem like a lovely personality Kate and I wish you all the best. xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

wannaexit thank you very much xx

• nugget
    nugget

In the witness world making friends is easy we rarely have to make an effort, in fact witnesses know how to break friendships more easily than make them.

It is possible to make new friends and be a good friend and negotiate the maze of social relationships successfully. It is a learning process for everyone. You situation is complicated and you have a very direct approach which can be open to misinterpretation however you learn from your mistakes and are not fearful of approaching others.

As a single woman you need to keep yourself safe and learn strategies for this as out in the world not everyone has the same objectives you do.

• KateWild
    KateWild

As a single woman you need to keep yourself safe and learn strategies for this as out in the world not everyone has the same objectives you do.-nugget

You know me so well, you have been a tremedus help with my ASD, shame I cannot hire you, but you should persue something in the field when the kids are older, there is a gap in the NHS services for ASD adults, we end up being too direct and pushing people away. Jane you don't budge though, you keep me stable. You are instrumental in my progress.

Well I am off to the gym now, to meet some people and let off steam from my trying circumstances, see you guys soon. Sam xx

• Simon
    Simon

If any woman receives an inappropriate PM they should inform the mods.

Definitely !!

PLEASE tell me if anyone receives anything like that and I will deal with them.

We've been lucky since leaving to make some really great friends and as much as it's helpful to have exJW friends and contacts, at some point it's good to let go completely of the past and open up your world to anyone you may meet and build a rapport with.

Getting to know friends and also their families is awesome and people are generally very warm and kind if you give them a chance.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Simon,

TBH, it's not bad PMs its bad choices about giving out my number to creep lurkers who don't post much. They come out the wood work when they see the word "meetup". To be fair to you there is nothing that can be done about it except what I am doing now. I am making in publicly known that I have been pursued inappropriately and now I am not being bothered.

I think the posters have been warned now. If you want the names of the culprits to protect other vulnerable posters PM me, but I think they understand the ramifications of their actions now.

I will PM you this message in case you miss the post

Sam xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit