New Circles of Friends Take Time

by KateWild 36 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

JWN has been great for me. I think I have deprogrammed pretty quick so far compared to many with all their loved ones in. I am enjoying meeting up with posters off the board and FBing some too. It has been really nice. Some regular posters have been really friendly off the board.

However I have also had a few creeps who don't post regularly get my personal details. KateWild is in fact my employees name and I now regret using it, so please be clear, I would love to meet new people but not in a romantic way at all. Any who have my personal details need to know I am not intrested in starting something. I can be friends but that is all I have to give right now.

Any regular posters who would like to meet me off the board please feel to PM me. If you do not post much, I would rather you don't send me a PM. I may not read them all or get back to you.

Thanks for this forum it has been great meeting new people and having a debate about God when I am stuck in bored, thanks to all the posters that take the bait and play along with me. I would love to meet you all one day. You guys have been instrumental in helping me recover from a destructive cult.

Have you had creeps PM you too?

Kate xx

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Nope. I'm male. As a big generalisation males are creeps, females aren't that desperate!

• Jen1
    Jen1

Yes. Thats why I have now decided not to do this anymore.

x

• KateWild
    KateWild

CB you are not a creep, you love your misses. You are a decent guy, we will all meet up soon. Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Jen,

Thats awful, but if we flush out the creeps they can't do it anymore. You are here because you need support. Don't let them get you down missy. You have only posted 44 times. I think you joined at the wrong time of year like CB said many men can be desperate.

Love Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

If any woman receives an inappropriate PM they should inform the mods.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Ahh cofty you are so sweet,

They are perfectly nice in a PM, it's when they get you off the board it becomes creepy. I would love to meet you and mrs cofty, Bill. So PM me your email any time, I would rather befriend you than some lurker that never posts.

Sam xx

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I think secret/closed Facebook groups are a good place to meet new people. Of course JWN is good, but here we are anonymous. I am sure there are some FB groups in Britain. I know there is a lot of nice britsh people here at JWN, understand you've got to know some of them. That's a good start! :-)

I wish you the best with new friends.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Not so much creepy, just some mean nasty turds to scared to say how they really feel in an open forum. If you disagree with someone, ignore it or call them out on the board. Why be so passive aggressive in a PM?

Keep up the good fight Kate. I enjoy reading your posts.

I agree with Cofty, if anyone gets inappropriate PM’s, let a mod know.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yeah, I don't mind regular posters having my FB account but lurkers no ta. I am not sure I want to friend a lot of people on FB either. thanks for your advice, it just takes time that's all.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit