My parents threw me away

by mzmmom 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

STILLIN: But we never have them over for supper or do anything with them as a family. It seems like WE are the ones being punished for her little teenage misstep so many years ago.

Seems to me a long overdue New Years Resolution should be to invite them over NOW. As the husband, YOU are the "head" of the Christian household. "Help" your wife to understand that you are no longer going to practice this harmful and evil policy. The WT "permits" seeing family members under the loophole "necessary family business". What qualified as necessary business is up to you.

Good luck & happy new year!

Doc

• cofty
    cofty

Hi mzmmom - It is hurtful and its wrong.

Personally I put it in writing to my parents and it had a good outcome. Even if it hadn't, it still needed to be said...

It might not be the right thing in your situation so think carefully before you act.

• millie210
    millie210

While it makes me sad to read stillins post, I can completely relate to it.

Hang in there stillin. Others understand!

• millie210
    millie210

mzmmom,

Others here are right. You are still valuable and worthy.

I have siblings who have disowned their own children over this issue. I am only the aunt but I will not disown them over a religion. People in the organization that do this are not following "organizational policy" they are interpeting it more harshly for themselves.

OR

the policy is "double tongued" in its presentation and enforcement.

Either way, how could it be smart of me to let such ambiguity define something so basic and essential as loving ones family?

In your heart, you know the lack is theres, not yours!

• rebel8
    rebel8

It takes courage, critical thinking, strong desire, and humility to overcome programmed behaviors such as shunning.

If your parents do not have all 4 of those, they will not overcome it. And that says something about them, not you.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

The only thing you have complete "UNQUESTIONABLE" control over is your thoughts. We are all a projection of our thoughts and they become our physical reality. So think good thoughts.

Happy New Year!

• Justmenthedogs
    Justmenthedogs

Such hypocrites. It's all about family, unless a member of the family is not a JW.

• AnneB
    AnneB

When someone, even close a close family member, won't have anything to do with you, don't look at it as a hardship, rather as a relief for you.

You may love that person but if they're willing to turn against you then it's a good thing that there will be less of a relationship.

If and when the time comes that the person has a change in outlook, then you can cautiously reunite, if you decide that's what you want.

You may find that time away lets you see things from a differrent perspective, and that the person you care so much about wasn't really heart to heart with you even before the separation.

From life experience,

AB

• tiki
    tiki

seriously, it is awful. but if someone can treat their own flesh and blood that callously and carelessly, they aren't worth worrying about. you know the saying, you can choose your friends but not your family.....well unfortunately in some cases the family just isn't there....concentrate on positive relationships.....

we all have emotional baggage one way or the other.......the trick is to let go.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Your parents are under the influence of a destructive cult. Their true persona is buried under the cult think. I don't know what they might have been like if not for the mind control, it's impossible to know. Almost everyone here is being shunned by some family member.

That they can cause otherwise loving parents to shun their own child simply because they chose to leave their religion is evil. Check out this quote:

At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

Translation : Do whatever we tell you to do, no matter how weird or wrong it seems. I fear for my family members still in, I have no idea how far they are going to take this. This is what evil looks like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit