What does 2014 mean to you

by NewYork44M 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While I made no such 100 year promise to myself, the first major change to "the generation" in 1995 told me that the 1914 generation was dying off.

I hope that every milestone causes more people to think for themselves and look at the holes in Watchtower promises and prophecies. I intend to highlight 2014 to my JW loved ones anytime they try to reach me with "the truth."

"Yes, the generation has been anointed for 100 years now. The generation that will not pass away has passed away."
    "I know- the light is brighter now. It's all subject to an 'overlap.' Do you believe this explanation as much as you believed the last one? What delay will replace the overlap?"

• clarity
    clarity

Rip van ...thanks fella! :-)

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

It means for some reason Jehovah has waited one hundred years to do anything at all.

Jesus has been enthroned for 100 years, has been twiddling his thumbs for 99 years.

On the plus side, it has allowed WT to throw multiple predictions out there, like throwing stinky socks against a plaster wall, and hoping at least one might stick.

So far, they score 0.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

What does 2014 mean to me?

Just another year, nothing more, nothing less!

Bill

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

To me it's another feather in my cap that I made the right decision to leave the cult about two years ago. I think it also marks the end of an era, and of the doomsday mindset for the WT$. I suspect they will be forced to redact/hide their past teachings and make a move to go more mainstream xtianity in the next 10 years.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

It means my FINAL year of being an 'undercover' apostate. I shall make my exit this year. I will no longer hide anything when that time comes. I've seen, read, and have had proven to me enough about the ORG - that I need not defend what I've learned or believe now. IT is THEY, the WTBTS that has been UNABLE to PROVE TO ME why I should stick around any longer. Completely unphased!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Looking forward to that, brother!

A number of years ago, as a believing JW, that same thought about 2014 crossed my mind. Circumstances caused me to exit earlier.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think it should be good for me.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

In some ways it feels like a kind of justification. I 'mentally' left the borg about 15 years ago and now it's 2014, and the Watchtower's ridiculous 'generation' teaching and 1914 eschatalogy is now so patently shown to be false after all this time that only the most wilfully ignorant JW cannot be scratching their head and wondering what the hell is up. And the poor sods are sitting there right now studying the latest Watchtower study article actually heralding the arrival of 100 years of Jesus invisible rule over nothing. It's incredible, pathetic really. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/209330/1/How-could-Jesus-be-ruling-the-world-since-1914-yet-Satan-is-the-ruler-of-the-world#.UsXsWtIW3ng

The arrival of 1914 is like I can say to JW's a bit "nah, nah, told you so..."

• nugget
    nugget

2014 an even year a time to develop skills to move forward with my life.

I am hoping for a good year for our family.

I know that for the organisation the year has more significance as it is 100 years since 1914. It means there will be more smoke and mirrors to reinvent past pronouncements and hide the corpses of people who haven't made it to the 100 years. However the end will always be just around the corner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit