What does 2014 mean to you

by NewYork44M 30 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Sometime in the early 1990s I made a commitment to myself that if the end did not come in 2014 I was going to walk away. Then I started thinking - If I waited until 2014 I would be 57 years old with very few options. That is when I realized that I needed to make changes to get my life back. I made those changes and as painful as they were at the time they were worth every penny.

When I was going through this mental process the year 2014 seemed so far away. Now, we are here and I am so happy that I did not wait.

Did anyone else have a similar epiphany and how does 2014 feel now that it is here - at least in a few hours?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Happy New Year!

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

My epiphany. You and me both will be 57 in 2014. Woo hoo!

Mine was along about 1984, counting 70 years since 1914 + 15 years for being old enough to take notice = at least 85 years old for the 1914 generation.

But I stayed another 15 years after 1984. I should have left earlier, but then I wouldn't have seen for sure the rotteness to the core.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Me three will be 57 in 2014.

Being a born in, I couldn't imagine following that crap until 2014 !

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

2014 well, I'm humming a little Beatles ditty, will you still need me, will you still feed me, etc.

one year to Medicare!! Then I can live anywhere, my fantasy is Sitka or Sewell.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Imagine the lost time of those too afraid to leave even though they know it is a lie. We all know how hard it was, but since we are on the other side we know how great life can be.

Best wishes for a successful 2014. It will be great!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

It means I'm happy to have made it to 55. I'm also thankful for being free of the borg, and any other bible-toting religion.
    Single, free, and atheist. What more could one want?

Happy New Year.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

It means The Watchtower and all of its spokesmen LIED and used all of us to feather their nest and their lives.

Since I was born, they have used The Big Scary Boogegman tactic of Armageddon is coming, so you better stay close to Mama and do not stray.

Keep giving us your money and your life.

According to WT literature we were all suppose to be in Paradise, decades ago.

How very thankful I am to be alive in 2014 along with 8 Billion people.

LoisLane

PS I am enjoying listening to Bolero played by the New York Philharmonic Orchestra Gala at the Lincoln Center. I love Ravel's music. In the "new world"™, I wanted to learn piano and orchestration along with art from the Master's. What a sick joke WT plays on its innocent and gullible members.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

"I made a commitment to myself that if the end did not come in 2014 I was going to walk away."

Funny enough, I made the same promise to myself in 2007.

"What does 2014 mean to me?"

Not sure.

Anyway, Happy New Year!

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Happy New Year! I woke up, at 36, this year. I had already been saving for retirement and planing teen daughters college education... Once I learned TTATT I started planning mine. Wide awake and loving it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit