What does 2014 mean to you

by NewYork44M 30 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

2014 hmmmmm ...it really annoys me!

It means a lot of wasted time btw 1960's & now!

It means the point of no return!

It means do or die!

It means next NY's eve I won't be alone,

being shunned!

Glad some of you are around tonite, to wish

Happy New Year! (can't post a kiss...no smilies)

10 o'clock ... good nite.

clarity

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

ClarityGoodnight and Happy New Year!

• label licker
    label licker

It can only get better than what we lived through this past year. I did finish off 2013 finally speaking to my sister who wouldn't speak to me for over eight months because I was suppose to have shaken her faith(told her to look up on youtube the snarky apologist's trinity brochure). After three hours on the phone and telling her what happened to us (jc committee and dfing) she finished off telling me what she doesn't like about the org and the new bible. I know, baby steps.

Then, I made an appointment with sister liar's boss for this Friday to let him know what transpired in his store with her and I and how she lied and how I lost all my friends and family. That when I come into his store as a paying customer, I do not want her pushing her religous crap down my throat and that if I get df'd because of more lies from her that he will deal with her. This will stop her from running to the elders or gossiping to anyone about us. It will put her in the same helpless state she put us in with all our friends and family!

And when I came home today there was this nice couple from the hall who stayed with us for five hours telling us how they are not going along with the elders decisions to not talking to us . They also told us they don't believe most of what the society teaches and they don't believe the lies and rumours about us. We were sitting at the table all afternoon digging into our publications showing them how they have been lied to. They asked us to come and visit them. They get no visits from anyone from the hall and you could see they are lonely. All I can say is WOW!

So I can only say 2013 ended on a happy note and it can only get better from here on in. Right?

Thanks to all your stories and encouragement, you really have built me up. I didn't think life could keep going on like this and now finally I've been given a little break for the time being. I hope good things come back to all of you here on JWN

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Funny you mention 2014 in that context. I made myself a similar promise when I was a teenager. I reasoned that 100 years was definitely long enough for "this generation" and I would leave in 2014. Fortunately I woke up five years earlier. If only I had been paying attention in 95 when they scrapped the prophecy.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

What does 2014 mean to me?

A warm, hidden smile as I see and hear all the squirming of those who perpetuate their myths about 1914, and their "followers" who have blindly abandoned Christ as Head of the Congregation and revere the Governing 8ody!! (not a typo!)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Lost, your comment I made myself a similar promise when I was a teenager. I reasoned that 100 years was definitely long enough for "this generation" and I would leave in 2014 suggests that we are not alone in the significance of 2014.

Let hope the presence and eventual passing of 2014 will be a wake up call for many. Let's also hope it is not too late to reclaim their lives.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

2014 is confirmation that the Watchtower Corporation is full of shit.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Dude i thought i'de seen everything until i brought a jayhole from the phillipines 7 years ago. I got 2 kids to show for it so in that respect it's the best thing i ever did. But i'm at the end of divorce and for me 2014 means no more ambient abuse (and i'm totally in control of the narcissistic supply that i give to the narcissist) . It' means going after some of the things that i want. For me it means i'm going to continue to throw my heart in to my kids to help them see, do, say, experience anything they want in this world. For as long as i can and the best that i can. I'm going to sit down sometime today and assess all of the things that i did this year. And write down 100 goals for the year.

Oh yeah, it means i'm going to do a lot of this: https://www.facebook.com/pages/jackpiano/220787927999797?id=220787927999797&sk=app_2405167945

Hey, Happy New Year to you wishing you all the health and happiness you can imagine.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I wonder if there are other JW's who had 2014 as a cut off date to remain in the cult...i guess only time will tell!

Kool Jo

• jws
    jws

I remember being a JW in the 80's and being told that this system wouldn't last until the end of the 20th century. Ha!

To me, 2014 doesn't mean much. I escaped from all that long ago.

On the other hand, it does thrill me to think about what this will do to the JWs. Sure, they've tried to expand "this generation" as far as they can. First with how old you had to be. Of reasoning age, then just born in 1914. Then the genea redefinition. Now the overlapping generations. But still. 100 years? Mentally that just sinks in.

My guess is most JWs will be expecting something this year. If they base it on their 607 BC counting, the fall of 1914 is when they claim Jesus returned. So, the fall of 2014 will be 100 years.

So I see perhaps some eager anticipation of fall. Then, an "any moment now" mentality from September through December. And then one year from today, on New Year's Day 2015, I anticipate a lot of dissapointment. Perhaps some soul searching. And, probably more than a few who give up on the JWs.

So, I'm kind of more interested to see what happens a year from now. 2014? Eh. There's still hope. 2015? Not as much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit