shock horror! WITNESSING ATTIRE NOW CONDONES OPEN-NECK SHIRTS FOR MALES!

by steve2 29 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Go to jw.org right now friends and you will see a young male JW witnessing in a rural setting with publication in hand and - take careful note - wearing a crisply-white open-neck shirt. Bring out the carnival, light the lights: The organ ization is kicking itself into an ongoing casualization of its rank and file.

In the 1960s through 1980s I know brothers who dared to attire themselves sans ties who were reprimanded or worse.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Different country, different rules? I was in Hawaii in the mid 90’s and we did “beech witnessing” and I was allowed to take my dress shoes and socks off, and my tie with the top button open while witnessing on the beech.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I think anyone would look just plain stupid in a full suit and tie in an Hawaian beach for any reason don't you?

• label licker
    label licker

We were asked if we could be more lay back and go to the doors after work perhaps and in our work clothes so the householder felt more comfortable. This was asked from our co right from the stage. Or if we're on our way home from somewhere and we're not in our service clothes but are still looking presentible, could we do a few doors before turning in for the night.

• schlick
    schlick

Their really changing a whole lot of stuff. If they continue, they will get what they asked for.

• trillaz
    trillaz

Definatelyt different area different rules. The same also applies to those who go to other contries and are allowed to wear the local regallia.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Here in Brazil JW's can use polo shirts in field service. No problema!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Australians have done that before and were in the literature in shorts and open shirts

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I asked my mom why they still insist on sisters wearing dresses and skirts, because that is outdated now. Many people find the dresses and suits intimidating and don't answer their door. She was adamant:"We believe in looking our best when we're out in service."

I said, well I look my best in a nice slacks suit and heels, so why would I have to wear a dress then? Well, maybe finally, they're figuring out that dressing a little less starchy, formal and outright silly and inappropriate might get more doors to open.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

10 years ago I was in a third world caribbean country and I went out in service wearing my sandles, no socks, and no tie. This has been the norm for quite so time. Canada still has the strict tie rule, even when it it extremely hot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit