So done with expectations and waiting for 'when it happens'...

by Bruja-del-Sol 21 Replies latest jw friends

• humbled
    humbled

Dear Bruja,

Your words strike such a cord in me. The need for living in the present and looking to the future is a real issue for me too. And your remarks about the need to deal with the feelings of the losses suffered from the years used up and the indoctrination that we are still scrubbing out of our minds.

I love that you are showing him how the JW experience can affect people --that's what the film was about, I guess. Even if he never can fully understand, it is great that he cares enough to watch it.

I, too, rely on others to help me in my life beyond my husband. Though he loves me dearly, he is not interested in anything relating to religion or especially the JWs.

So here I come, to the forum.

One of my sons once told me that he is tired of putting so much effort into life/people and getting so little in return. I am not sure how one measures these things.

It is good, I think, to take some pleasure in the giving so that one is able to receive a little at the same time.

Like watching that guy making those wonderful deep-fried breads (yum!) having fun that others can enjoy--simply, simply.

Take care, sugar cookie. We want to hear from your life in Spain as it goes along--well!

Maeve

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Thanks for your reaction Maeve, I can relate to your son's thoughts about putting effort into people and getting so little in return. To me it seems that most people live life through Facebook. I'm not on FB anymore, but when I was I really thought I had some dear friends. But it all seemed to collapse as soon as I decided to quit with FB (I don't like their policies). People seem to think that you no longer exist when you're not on FB, at least that's what it looks like. And I'm about to give up on a whole bunch of people whom I love, but I don't get anything from them anymore. So the loveless behaviour isn't just within cults, it's everywhere.

My goal for this year is to find REAL friends, TRUE friends, who are like me... willing to invest in friendship, paying attention to each other, hang out and go out with each other, talk about the things we have in common, laugh a lot, and be there for each other in the hours of need in every way. And this kind of friendship has to be mutual, not just me going to lengths to help someone and never receiving something back (a phonecall or an email with a simpley 'heya, how you're doing?' would be sooo nice, it doesn't have to be big what people can give each other)...

So I reckon there must be such people in Spain, don't you think?

Oh and our 'oliebollen' (the deep-fried breads as you called them) were delicious! First time ever I've completely made them myself, with yeast and all, instead of using 'ready-to-bake'-mix.

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!

Bruja

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit