So done with expectations and waiting for 'when it happens'...

by Bruja-del-Sol 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

How very sad that you have lost your family. It is just so unloving. I wish I had some words of real comfort for you. On the other hand, at least you have found this forum where many can really sympathise with you. I like your thoughts about learning to live in the here and now. Yes, each day is a gift, and I hope that you have the opportunity to meet some new folks soon in your area.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hey I know how you feel. It's hard because our whole lives we jussed time waiting for paradise and magic. Now comes living happily in this one real life. Do you have any hobbies or causes you care about. For me getting involved in a local volunteer group that helps marine life was big. Find a way to give back to the world. Find a hobby that you can do every day or every few days. Something you look forward to and enjoy.

Small suggestion that can't fix anything. But I know how you feel. Hang in there.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Interesting user name, witch of the sun.

After dubbery, I was stuck for a long time in "future" mode, pulling my life together so I would have things the way I wanted some day. Finally I reframed it into having goals for myself vs. "not yet".

When I get up on Saturday morning, I think, "What am I going to do this weekend that's worthwhile," whether it be having fun or whatever.

I can relate to your post. I think you're right for living in the here and now. Money comes and goes. You need to be happy no matter what's happening financially. Life's too short.

"Friends" come and go too. Is there meetup.com in Spain, or something similar? I was really lonely where I used to live, small city where I had been a jw. I moved away with only dh, and I've been going to lots of events. I don't have any "friends" yet, but I've made a number of acquaintences and have been having lots of fun.

• finally awake
    finally awake

It is so hard to make a new social circle from scratch as an adult, no matter the reason. I wish you good luck and happiness in the new year :)

• clarity
    clarity

Bruja ((((Sunny))))

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

My life changed when I stopped waiting for what I wanted in life, and went and got it. Seems obvious, but took me 26 yesrs to figure it out. Cult upbringings don't help, you are taught that they and your deity are the source for achievment, when in reality... YOU are.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I wonder if you could teach English, or lead tour groups, or find social groups on Meetup.com, or get on a Spanish course?

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Thanks again for all the kind words and ideas! I'm definitely going to learn Spanish real soon. And I will go out and see if I can find people with the same interests as I have. The idea of teaching English is also very appealing to me, just have to see what the possibilities are.

Tonight my husband and I watched the movie 'To verdener (Worlds apart)' together. We both thought he had a pretty good image of my life when I was a JW, but the movie had great impact on him. It was definitely an eye opener to him.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Bruja-del-Sol - We both thought he had a pretty good image of my life when I was a JW, but the movie had great impact on him. It was definitely an eye opener to him.

Hi Bruja-del-Sol, I would be curious what your husband thinks of the other video: Strategic Interactive Approach explained 2003 (1:23:23) by Steve Hassan. His eyes should really open wide after watching it.

Peace be wtih you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Will let you know Robert, soon as we've watched it. We're still talking about 'To verdener'...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit