New Here

by Justmenthedogs 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to JWN.

• Justmenthedogs
    Justmenthedogs

Thank you for the warm welcome. My entire growing up I never really "fit in" to my family, I dreaded going in service, I HATED IT and felt we were intruding on people's privacy. I also hated being forced to give talks in the service meeting, man I hated that. I was forced to pioneer, go up to complete strangers in laundrymats, on the street. My parents pushed me to get baptized and it just felt wrong but I so wanted approval of my parents that I just kept doing it. Even as an adult the approval of my parents that I never really had kept a hold on me and one foot in the organization. When I finally took a job that worked evenings and I could not go to bookstudy and service meeting during the week started pulling away and then when the elders met with me and told me I needed to find a different job because Jehovah needed to come first, I just stopped going all together, Jehovah won't pay my bills. My family has never said a word to me about it and stopped inviting me to memorial and district conventions. What is really interesting is someone from the congregation years ago called me last year out of the blue and I was really taken aback on what a downer she was! It was like I could not get off the phone quick enough and I refused her calls and deleted her preaching emails ever since. My eyes are opened and as I read some of the posts on this forum I realize I am not alone in all my feelings. Thank you for that.

I live in Southern California, I used to show horses but it got expensive and now the horses are my passion and relaxation and I got into dogs, I have 3, 2 mini Aussies and a JRT, and we compete in agility. My family does not support my hobby and my passion for my animals but despite them, I have a wonderful life and wonderful and very supportive friends who know the challenges I have faced on my own without the support of my family and share my love for animals and the great outdoors. The dogs and I hike all over Southern California and in the Eastern Sierras.

• flipper
    flipper

JUSTMENTHEDOGS- Cool, you live in California. My wife and I do as well. We hike the Sierras all the time. I'll private message you our conact info if you'd ever like to chat sometime. Take care, check your pm's

• clarity
    clarity

Oh wow I almost missed you ...hi Justme, glad to see

you on here! You have a Jack Russell Terrier!!! Love them!

Well bring the dogs in to sleep at your feet, while you talk

some more to us and ask all the questions you want!

All the best.....

clarity

• jgnat
    jgnat

Talk about a dog's life! My daughter has a show Afghan who has also tried him out in agility. The local Superdogs coordinator has invited her dog to join. Even if he messed up the course, he's sure to get cheers, as he is so beautiful.

I totally relate to your feeling that you are invading people's privacy, your innate feeling that something is not right with the Witnesses.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Justmenthedogs Thanks for sharing your experience. You have been brave and made a stand for truth.

Painful as this has been for you, it was the right choice. You are not alone.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Welcome

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JM&TD: It is amazing to read that I am not the only one feeling the way I have for many years.

Welcome!

One feature of a high-control group is that they mentally isolate their members. It's ironic that you are part of this group and all of its activities (going to meetings, etc.), but at the same time you are very much alone because you cannot share your doubts or disagreements.

Many of us here felt the same way as you expressed. Finding that others had the same thoughts is very reassuring.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Nice to see you here!

Look for Flipper's PM.

You don't know him (or Mrs Flipper), but read his posts and see that they are a great couple.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit