New Here

by Justmenthedogs 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Justmenthedogs
    Justmenthedogs

Hi everyone,

I came across this forum and started reading it long before I decided to join. It is amazing to read that I am not the only one feeling the way I have for many years. I come from a family of JW's. It was shoved down my throat my entire growing up and after I turned 18, it took me another 15 years to completely cut all ties with the organization. I just "faded off" and my eyes slowly started opening and realizing what a strong cult I had been raised in. It has been 20 years since I have attended any meetings. My family shuns me but does invite me once in a while to a get together. My brother informed me years ago that I was a bad influence on his kids and so I could not associate with them. I want to thank you for this forum.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Welcome, JMTD

• zeb
    zeb

" bad influence on his kids.." his loss not yours.

welcome aboard.

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

I feel the same way as you. I have been reading here for a long and it helped very much. sorry about your brother I don't know if this helps but they even do that bad association branding to thier own members within.

Your never really safe from judgement in this organization. They recieve thier confidence and perceived blessing off the backs of other people. The faster you can kick someone who is down the more righteous bragging you have.

I am working on trying not to be bitter but it is pretty hard. What made you decide to join now?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch

Happy you are here

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi JustMeNTheDogs (what kind of dogs do you have?)

Welcome from The North Pacific.

LoisLane

• mind blown
    mind blown

Welcome

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Welcome. There seem to be more new people joining every day. This is showing just how many people have had enough of the cult.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Justmenthedogs welcome to you. Make this the first of many posts......I hope! We all here want to hear from you and about you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit