Jehovah does NOT cause bad things to happen

by DS211 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DS211
    DS211

Ok third rant since last night. A "demonstration" was given on how to give some brochures and in this demo it starts:

*knock knock*

"hi im suchandsuch and im one of Jehovahs Witnesses"

"oh i dont believe in God"

"oh well if you dont mind may i ask: if you did believe in God what kind of attributes would you expect him to have?"

from there she was able to make a point and come back next time lol. But at one point the witness brought out "well Jehovah doesnt CAUSE bad things to happen but may allow certain tuings to happen.

I thought "reaaaaly? How about all those examples in the old testament where Jehovah directly was involved with killing of men, women, children...."

oh wait!! Maybe its like this. If i wanted a bunch of bad people killed i would just pay or tell someone else to do it with some great promise to them if they did what i said. Kind of like a contract killer. :-) Got it!

I need help with some scriptures guys to debunk this....

Das

• DS211
    DS211

Woo

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

if you did believe in God what kind of attributes would you expect him to have?

If the god gave me free will I would expect him/her to mind his/her own business and leave me alone to live my life.

I'm not sure about scriptures, what do you think of Deuteronomy 20:13-17, where god orders a genocide, not sparing even young children? Or maybe Numbers 31:14-18 where Moses basically said, "Kill everyone but the virgins."

• designs
    designs

The Bible's god had a fascination with virgins hmmm

• freetosee
    freetosee

Isaiah 45:7: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

• DS211
    DS211

Oh my isa 45:17 is a new one on me. Right right whats another word for creating evil? Causing evil? Hm

• Comatose
    Comatose

When David and Bathsheba sinned, instead of punishing them, god STRUCK the baby and after suffering for a week it died. God CAUSED that one in an unfair punishment on an innocent child.

• clarity
    clarity

"The Bible's god had a fascination with virgins hmmm"

Strange that god, (no penis) would 'get' the 'value' of a

virgin! ;-)

Kinda shows these bible words originated from a

man ...who has a penis ...and does 'get' it!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Freetosee, you're using an old unreliable Bible translation, not the new and improved NWT.

It says "creating calamity", not "evil".

You know that you cannot trust those Bibles from Christendom.

Doc

• DS211
    DS211

Actually "creating calamity" is much more causative sounding :-) thanks for the update...ok so theres lie number two from the WT from last night

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit