SO you turned your back on God

by maccauk11 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

ok so you had a bad experience and you stopped going to church which ever one that is. But did you stop believing or are you that peeved you blame God etc. I would encourage you to humble yourself before your Messiah and seek him, he will let himself be found by you and come dwells within you. You cannot find him in any church or religion. He is no part of this world and dwells as KIng over all who love him. In your days of distress he patiently waits for you to come to him, despite your failings,your sadness, anger, confusion and lonliness he will deliver you form those things ot bring true joy, contentment and a destiny in your life. You cannot find thos ethings in the lastest phones or trainers etc etc. It takes guts, sometimes pain to seek him but then through that you will see him. Those tha truly love The Messiah will go through that refining process time and time agian to keep seeking him and in the end its worth it. Peace and Love

• blondie
    blondie

maccauk..you don't know much about the WTS and jws.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Doesn't apply.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bloody hell - we get some right nutters on here. How can you get angry with someone else's delusion?

• designs
    designs

"it takes pain to seek him" yeah we get the feeling you are in a lot of pain...

• Perry
    Perry

I sought God through the methods of the Watchtower strenously for 8 years. It didn't work. I didn't get mastery over the things that the first century Christians did. I didn't experience a "new life in Christ". It was all about will-power and I was exhausted. It was very easy to become agnostic afterwards. I guess it was hard for me to swallow that all my efforts at pleasing God were rejected by him.

It was not a natural next step for me to put my trust in Christ Alone. Yet, I eventually did it anyway basically because nothing else was working. If a person seeks him (Jesus); he will be found to be very much alive.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

maccauk11

You appear to be sincere. May I ask why you have turned your back on these other Roman god’s, listed below, who were all around in Jesus’ day. They are just a few; there are many more gods in the world. Why did you choose to worship the Hebrew desert god and his son? Was it an informed choice or just an accident of birth?

Jupiter - King of the Gods

Juno - Queen of the Gods

Neptune - God of the Sea

Pluto - God of Death

Apollo - God of the Sun

Diana - Goddess of the Moon

Mars - God of War

Venus - Goddess of Love

Cupid - God of Love

Mercury - Messenger of the Gods

Minerva - Goddess of Wisdom

Ceres - The Earth Goddess

Proserpine - Goddess of the Underworld

Vulcan - The Smith God

Bacchus - God of Wine

Saturn - God of Time

Vesta - Goddess of the Home

Janus - God of Doors

Uranus and Gaia - Parents of Saturn

Maia - Goddess of Growth

Flora - Goddess of Flowers

Plutus - God of Wealth

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

troll

• cofty
    cofty

despite your failings,your sadness, anger, confusion and lonliness

I am not sad, angry, confused or lonely. My rejection of god is based on facts and evidence not feelings. Try to understand what it is you oppose.

A spell-check would be also help your credibility.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

I'm happy and content, have never been better. I've freed my life from dogma, myth, and superstition.

I'm constantly in awe of the natural world through what I learn from science, from an evidence-based world view, which saves me from wasting a lot of time with fairy tales.

I no longer fear a celestial North Korean tyrant watching my every step waiting for me to make a mistake. I'm free to discuss different ideas with people, to disagree with them, and to learn from facts, not fiction.

There is nothing better than using reason, rather than sentimentality or fear, to live my life by.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit