Why did you leave the Jehovah's Witness faith?

by God_Delusion 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hi guys & gals!

I've put together a poll on JWB that asks the simple question - Why did you leave the Jehovah's Witnesses?

I would really appreciate it if you could take part. I am writing a book about the experiences some have faced when leaving and this poll will really help me with my research.

http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/leaving/what-made-you-leave-jehovahs-witnesses/

Merry Christmas and lots of love,
    Jaymes

PS. Give me a follow on Twitter too - @JaymesPayten

• designs
    designs

The poll only allows one choice, several apply.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

@Designs - Hi, I know that several apply, but I would like to know just one so that it can help with my research.

• designs
    designs

Took the survey

• cantleave
    cantleave

I voted for my main reason although others apply.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Took the survey. There were a number of factors in me leaving though, built up over a number of years.

The straw that broke the camel's back was the cover-ups in child abuse cases.

• millie210
    millie210

My choice wasn't available. I wanted to check "The Elders". They don't follow their "elders manual", instead they do what they want based on their own whims. Most of it is either their attitudes personally or politics within. They are especially ruthless with young people. I guess they cant really fight back and their sins are usually so "black and white" so to speak. I remember in one weeks time I saw two young people guilty of the same thing handled by the elders. One didn't even have a judicial committee and the other was publicly reproved. The difference? The first ones mom was besties with the C.Os wife. The second one didn't have any such card to play.

They talk about the evil world and all the injustice but the truth is, their is more justice in the world. It is among the elders that you will find true injustice.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

my reason was not there so i put other, doctrine and coming to christ

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

my choice wasn't available, which was a real study of the scriptures proved to me their interpretation is wrong on so many accounts, a real easy example is the book of revelation, how big prophecies such as the 7 trumpet blasts being fulfilled by 7 talks at district conventions by Rutherford which now would be known as old light/apostate/etc.

• label licker
    label licker

Millie210 hit the nail on the head!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit